The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Unilever to sell off Flora and Stork.

Eddie

Male Posts : 3757

Unilever to sell off Flora and Stork.

Post by Eddie on Thu Apr 06 2017, 11:27

"Unilever, which owns some of the UK's most famous household brands, has announced plans to sell its margarine business, including Flora and Stork. The move comes as part of a wide-ranging review at the Anglo-Dutch firm, which recently saw off a takeover bid from US food giant Kraft Heinz. Analysts have said the sell-off could fetch $6bn (£4.8bn)."

And

"He said the margarine business was a "declining segment" that could be "better managed by others" Code for Marg is a dead duck, and we want to offload it swiftly.

£4.8 billion for "declining segment" good luck with that I reckon. People are wising up fast to the Frankenstein artery clogging goo that is margarine. I wonder how the British Heart Foundation will get on, if the big cash incentives to push Marg from Unilever comes to an end.

More on this story here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39512178

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    chris c

Re: Unilever to sell off Flora and Stork.

Post by chris c on Fri Apr 07 2017, 00:46

Don't worry, it will be bought by Coca Cola, or the vegans.
    graham64

Male Posts : 3028

Post by graham64 on Fri Apr 07 2017, 21:56

Come on guys Flora's for men you should know that  Shocked

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    chris c

Post by chris c on Mon Apr 10 2017, 00:22

Now he's dead from a heart attack and she's spent his money on a giant vibrator.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20 2017, 06:00