THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Andy12345
Mud Island Dweller
Eddie
Avocado Sevenfold
Jan1
9 posters

Low Carbing and Energy Levels

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Low Carbing and Energy Levels Empty Low Carbing and Energy Levels

Post by Jan1 Sat Sep 27 2014, 14:23

Since low carbing have you found your energy levels have improved?

.......Whilst doing some Saturday morning chores the thought came to mind that my energy levels have certainly improved, could my choice of lifestyle i.e. low carb, high fat, moderate protein have anything to do with it?

Well, I think the simple answer is "Yes" - but how about you?

How has low carbing or restricting your carb intake helped, have you noticed differences in energy levels, have you noticed any other differences, less headaches, better hair and skin etc.

Please share your thoughts and views .........

Thanks  sunny

All the best Jan
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Low Carbing and Energy Levels Empty Re: Low Carbing and Energy Levels

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sat Sep 27 2014, 21:42

Definitely more energy!  Before diagnosis, I was HCLF and would fall asleep immediately after my evening meal.  I would wake up on the sofa with a crick in my neck having slept through Hollyoaks.

I now have a lot more energy, reduced anxiety levels and better sleeping patterns.  Recently I have changed my working day to start half an hour earlier and I get so much more done as I feel energised in the mornings. I have cleared my backlog and use the extra wages to buy cauliflowers...it's the very opposite of a vicious circle Very Happy
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Sep 27 2014, 21:51

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:Definitely more energy!  Before diagnosis, I was HCLF and would fall asleep immediately after my evening meal.  I would wake up on the sofa with a crick in my neck having slept through Hollyoaks.

I now have a lot more energy, reduced anxiety levels and better sleeping patterns.  Recently I have changed my working day to start half an hour earlier and I get so much more done as I feel energised in the mornings. I have cleared my backlog and use the extra wages to buy cauliflowers...it's the very opposite of a vicious circle Very Happy

Brilliant news. The humble cauli the true foot soldier in our low carb armoury, so versatile and chock full of great stuff. Add celeriac and who needs spuds and rice ?

Eddie
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Sun Sep 28 2014, 10:28

What's the problem sleeping through hollyoaks? or l do not appreciate the finer things in life.

I also think my brain fog may be down to low salt. Reading dietdoctor today l discovered that upping salt can get rid of brain fog and mine lifted about the time l started on bacon every morning. I don't usually add salt just never think about it.

Agree to energy levels on LCHF although last few days slept rotten not sure why. I think at work cause the locums cat is sharing my bed l told her she could (the cat l mean l told) just l think l have forgotten what it is like to share a bed with a cat who hogs it all. Last 2 nights dunno just bad sleep and tonight will be a short one as up again at 03:00 as down to Oxford.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 28 2014, 18:40

Energy levels good again today ...especially cheering on The Europeans in the golf !

Joking aside, most people I've spoken to have said that energy levels do increase on LCHF.

The point MID raises about salt, perhaps with recent press and articles we've come to fear salt as some fear fat. I'm not saying eat handfuls of salt but I think adding seasoning to meals is not necessarily a bad thing.

What do you think?

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 28 2014, 18:48

because i did everything at once, ie. control blood sugars, lose weight, exercise and go low carb im not sure what did it for me, maybe a combination but before all those i was a world record holder at sleeping, i would be asleep within 30 seconds of hitting the sofa every night, i would get home at six and have to be woken up for my dinner at quarter past, i couldnt be bothered to do anything, everything was an effort, but since the new me i hardly ever fall asleep, if anything i dont get enough sleep, i am full of energy now and find i recover alot faster from strenuous stuff, if we are doing a job upstairs at work, im running up and down like a spring chicken whilst the youngsters are puffing and panting, so it sure if giving me more energy than HCHF before dx

or maybe i was MCHF....mega carb high fat
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Sep 28 2014, 19:09

Yes I definitely have more energy since low carbing and I'm not as hungry either. I don't have as much energy as I would like though because I still have a couple of health issues to sort out - depression and thyroid problems, so I am hoping for even more energy when these have been dealt with. Smile
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Wed Oct 01 2014, 13:34

hello here I am. everything much better. not diabetic just dropped eating bread and cakes and stuff to get rid of middle age spread which kept getting bigger. got better energy and sleep. do walks and fitness for older people. works.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Oct 01 2014, 13:42

Sharon wrote:hello here I am. everything much better. not diabetic just dropped eating bread and cakes and stuff to get rid of middle age spread which kept getting bigger. got better energy and sleep. do walks and fitness for older people. works.

Welcome to the forum Sharon and congratulations on your success! Smile Dropping the starchy carbs has made a big difference for so many of us,here and elsewhere. Smile

Best wishes

Paul
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Oct 01 2014, 15:46

Paul wrote:
    Sharon wrote:hello here I am. everything much better. not diabetic just dropped eating bread and cakes and stuff to get rid of middle age spread which kept getting bigger. got better energy and sleep. do walks and fitness for older people. works.

Welcome to the forum Sharon and congratulations on your success! Smile  Dropping the starchy carbs has made a big difference for so many of us,here and elsewhere. Smile

Best wishes

Paul

A warm welcome Sharon, and glad to hear things are better for you since reducing carbs sunny

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 02 2014, 17:24

Welcome to the forum Sharon. Low carb is great for anyone, diabetic or non-diabetic.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Thu Oct 02 2014, 19:01

hi, welcome Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 13:47