THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Female prisoners demand less 'carb heavy' foods

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Female prisoners demand less 'carb heavy' foods Empty Female prisoners demand less 'carb heavy' foods

Post by graham64 Sun Mar 12 2017, 21:41

Female prisoners demand less 'carb heavy' foods and moan they're served too many pizzas, pasta and chips

Inmates at Eastwood park jail complained they weren't getting a balanced diet and bosses are working out a new menu for them

Female prisoners have won a battle to be served up less 'carb heavy' food - such as bread, chips, pasta and pizzas jail .

Inmates at the 400-capacity Eastwood Park jail in Gloucestershire complained to the governor and canteen workers that they were being served up too many meals packed with carbohydrates.

With the rise in popularity of low-carb diets , which exclude foods like bread, pizzas, chips and sugary foods, prisoners demanded to be given a more 'balanced diet'.

Prison chiefs agreed and are currently working on a new menu for the inmates after prison inspectors raised the inmates' worries in a report out last week.

The report, by HM Chief Inspector of Prisons, stated that female prisoners had voiced their concerns over the food served up and had complained that meals had got worse in recent years.

The report states: "Catering arrangements were generally good but women felt the food had deteriorated since our last inspection.

"Many of the women felt the menus contained too many carbohydrates.

"The food we tasted was reasonably good but the prison recognised the need to provide a more balanced diet, including fewer carbohydrates."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/female-prisoners-demand-less-carb-10011932
    chris c
    chris c

Female prisoners demand less 'carb heavy' foods Empty Re: Female prisoners demand less 'carb heavy' foods

Post by chris c Tue Mar 14 2017, 01:05

Interesting that they are actually allowed to serve food not following the Eatwell Plate.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Female prisoners demand less 'carb heavy' foods Empty Re: Female prisoners demand less 'carb heavy' foods

Post by Eddie Wed Mar 15 2017, 13:28

chris c wrote:Interesting that they are actually allowed to serve food not following the Eatwell Plate.

Clearly the good news re low carb has infiltrated even the prison system, if that's not going mainstream I don't know what is. Another 50 years, the BDA hanging out in their lead lined, impenetrable, underground bunkers might get the news. Although I suspect, while the junk food company sponsorship keeps flowing into the BDA and many of it's high profile RD's, they will continue to push the diet of slow death.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Mar 18 2017, 00:08

Stranger things have happened, I believe the US Military has turned to Crossfit for training. I remember a PT instructor, but can't remember if US or UK, complaining that since they started serving pasta he'd never seen so many fat and unfit soldiers.

I think it's a legal requirement in the States that all institutions MUST follow the Food Pyramid. I've even read of parents being fined for not providing enough carbs in their childrens' school dinners. So that'll be something for the dieticians to press for here.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Mar 18 2017, 11:54

Chris said:
    " I've even read of parents being fined for not providing enough carbs in their childrens' school dinners."

Yes I too have read similar to this affraid

'Mother fined for giving children leftover beef and vegetable dinner for their school lunch because it wasn't 'balanced' enough'

Read more here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509705/Mother-fined-putting-Ritz-crackers-childrens-lunch.html

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Mar 19 2017, 20:09

Oh yes I remember that. Also several cases in the States, and at least one mum in the UK was warned but not fined. Yet the same fuckwits encourage vegan diets even in children and say they should be put on a low fat diet by age 2.

Strangely since then I believe Canada has revised its dietary policy, I know at one time it was illegal to sell any food marked as low carb and now there's been something of a U turn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 17:10