The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Share
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3028
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by graham64 on Fri Feb 10 2017, 22:48

    You can make your diet more Mediterranean-style by:


    1. eating plenty of starchy foods, such as bread and pasta
    2. eating plenty of fruit and vegetables
    3. eating some fish
    4. eating less meat
    5. choosing products made from vegetable and plant oils, such as olive oil


    The diet is similar to the government's healthy eating advice set out in the Eatwell Guide, which shows the foods needed for a balanced, healthy diet.

    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/what-is-a-Mediterranean-diet.aspx

    That's it then the eatwell guide is the equivalent of a Med diet Rolling Eyes  somehow don't think people living in Mediterranean countries would agree


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Derek
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 338
    Join date : 2015-11-15

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by Derek on Sat Feb 11 2017, 10:57

    graham64 wrote:You can make your diet more Mediterranean-style by:


    1. eating plenty of starchy foods, such as bread and pasta
    2. eating plenty of fruit and vegetables
    3. eating some fish
    4. eating less meat
    5. choosing products made from vegetable and plant oils, such as olive oil


    The diet is similar to the government's healthy eating advice set out in the Eatwell Guide, which shows the foods needed for a balanced, healthy diet.

    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/what-is-a-Mediterranean-diet.aspx

    That's it then the eatwell guide is the equivalent of a Med diet Rolling Eyes  somehow don't think people living in Mediterranean countries would agree

    When are they going to stop this madness Graham? I guess when everyone is rolling around like the Wobbly Man (or whatever he was called) in the Noddy stories! D.
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3028
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by graham64 on Sat Feb 11 2017, 23:24

    Derek wrote:
    graham64 wrote:You can make your diet more Mediterranean-style by:


    1. eating plenty of starchy foods, such as bread and pasta
    2. eating plenty of fruit and vegetables
    3. eating some fish
    4. eating less meat
    5. choosing products made from vegetable and plant oils, such as olive oil


    The diet is similar to the government's healthy eating advice set out in the Eatwell Guide, which shows the foods needed for a balanced, healthy diet.

    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/what-is-a-Mediterranean-diet.aspx

    That's it then the eatwell guide is the equivalent of a Med diet Rolling Eyes  somehow don't think people living in Mediterranean countries would agree

    When are they going to stop this madness Graham? I guess when everyone is rolling around like the Wobbly Man (or whatever he was called) in the Noddy stories! D.

    As long as the eatwell guide is official dietary policy the madness will continue, the definition of the Med diet is down to the what the powers that be think fits in with their guidelines not what the natives actually eat  Sad


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    chris c
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 3267
    Join date : 2015-07-26

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by chris c on Mon Feb 13 2017, 23:46

    Even Ancel Keys might have disagreed with this one.
    avatar
    chris c
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 3267
    Join date : 2015-07-26

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by chris c on Mon Feb 20 2017, 23:36

    Yet another insane dietician on Diet Doctor which I'm skimming through backwards

    https://www.dietdoctor.com/reverse-type-2-diabetes-quick-start-guide

    wind down to near the end.

    A load of sound and fury signifying nothing. So nowt unexpected then.
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3757
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by Eddie on Tue Feb 21 2017, 18:23

    chris c wrote:Yet another insane dietician on Diet Doctor which I'm skimming through backwards

    https://www.dietdoctor.com/reverse-type-2-diabetes-quick-start-guide

    wind down to near the end.

    A load of sound and fury signifying nothing. So nowt unexpected then.

    My next door neighbours cat knows more about a healthy diet than the average dietitian. The more I hear about the average (but not all dietitians) the more I know they have been sold a complete crock of shite, those that have not be bought, hook, line and sinker by junk food that is. The higher the profile dietitian, the more they are likely to be on the junk food paylola system, just ask Sian. facepalm


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3028
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by graham64 on Tue Feb 21 2017, 22:48

    chris c wrote:Yet another insane dietician on Diet Doctor which I'm skimming through backwards

    https://www.dietdoctor.com/reverse-type-2-diabetes-quick-start-guide

    wind down to near the end.

    A load of sound and fury signifying nothing. So nowt unexpected then.

    Vested interests  Question check out these dietitians 

    Is Coke Paying Dietitians To Tweet Against the Soda Tax? 


    https://medium.com/cokeleak/


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    chris c
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 3267
    Join date : 2015-07-26

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by chris c on Wed Feb 22 2017, 23:03

    Trust A dietician? I'd sooner trust a fart.

    I believe non-dieticians are also being paid to put the agenda of Coke and others out on blogs and Twitter, and you probably noticed the vegan attack hordes who were previously referencing Plantpositive are now referencing Greger.

    Nevertheless science is squeaking through.
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3028
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by graham64 on Thu Feb 23 2017, 22:26

    chris c wrote:Trust A dietician? I'd sooner trust a fart.

    I believe non-dieticians are also being paid to put the agenda of Coke and others out on blogs and Twitter, and you probably noticed the vegan attack hordes who were previously referencing Plantpositive are now referencing Greger.

    Nevertheless science is squeaking through.

    And there's more corruption here 


    Coke is Running for President of the National Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics

    https://medium.com/@ninjasforhealth/


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    chris c
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 3267
    Join date : 2015-07-26

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by chris c on Fri Feb 24 2017, 23:26

    A small but increasing number of voices of sanity though. OTOH for every one who reaches Enlightenment ten more come to the attack. This one will run and run.
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3028
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by graham64 on Mon Feb 27 2017, 22:24

    Well Coke did not get the presidency as reported by "dietitians for professional integrity" 

    https://integritydietitians.org/2017/02/26/academys-new-president-elect-reflections-recent-election/

    Meanwhile less than impressed with outcome Catherine Collins complained of a vile campaign disputing integrity of other candidate, perhaps she was unaware the other candidates integrity was already compromised but that I very much doubt.



    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    chris c
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 3267
    Join date : 2015-07-26

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by chris c on Mon Feb 27 2017, 22:50

    Just read this from The Russells

    https://therussells.crossfit.com/2017/01/12/the-four-hallmarks-of-big-soda-bs-nutritional-propaganda/

    Spot the number of times dieticians parrot the advertising phrases they list.
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3028
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by graham64 on Mon Feb 27 2017, 23:01

    chris c wrote:Just read this from The Russells

    https://therussells.crossfit.com/2017/01/12/the-four-hallmarks-of-big-soda-bs-nutritional-propaganda/

    Spot the number of times dieticians parrot the advertising phrases they list.

    Like this from the losing candidate for the AND presidency  Rolling Eyes

    “Active teens: soda, lemonade, sweet tea & choc milk can replace calories & fluid.” — Neva Cochran (7/8/16)


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    chris c
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 3267
    Join date : 2015-07-26

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by chris c on Mon Feb 27 2017, 23:12

    Yup.

    I'll read the rest of the Russells' blog later, I was originally pointed to it because of the previous post where they'd dug even further than Marika Sboros into who was really behind the Noakes Trial and found ILSI.

    Some massively humorous tweeting

    https://twitter.com/SBakerMD/status/826951587826331648

    https://twitter.com/bokkiedog/status/765595512363970560
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3028
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: NHS version of the Mediterranean diet

    Post by graham64 on Mon Feb 27 2017, 23:19

    chris c wrote:Yup.

    I'll read the rest of the Russells' blog later, I was originally pointed to it because of the previous post where they'd dug even further than Marika Sboros into who was really behind the Noakes Trial and found ILSI.

    Some massively humorous tweeting

    https://twitter.com/SBakerMD/status/826951587826331648

    https://twitter.com/bokkiedog/status/765595512363970560

    Particularly love the hilarious comments following the fat cat picture  Laughing


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes

      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20 2017, 06:00