The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

The gloves are off

graham64

Male Posts : 3028

The gloves are off

Post by graham64 on Thu Dec 22 2016, 23:37

On Catherine's Collins twitter feed this from another nutter in reference to Dr  Dr Aseem Malhotra

Obviously another Professional imbecile is in total agreement 

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3757

Re: The gloves are off

Post by Eddie on Fri Dec 23 2016, 18:13

graham64 wrote:On Catherine's Collins twitter feed this from another nutter in reference to Dr  Dr Aseem Malhotra

Obviously another Professional imbecile is in total agreement 

The OP of that tweet was Christopher Snowdon a total numbskull.

When you hang out on social media, you get to meet all sorts of people. From highly respected medical professionals to complete numbskulls. By and large the majority of people I follow on twitter, are tweeting information of benefit to others. They seek no reward, they have no hidden agenda, what they stand for is plain to see. What Christopher Snowdon stands for, and what his agenda is, appears to be dubious at best, to me.

He describes himself on his twitter account as "The IEA's abrasive director of lifestyle economics" The IEA has been described as "The most influential think tank in modern British history" according to the video presenter, in the IEA corporate awareness video below. One year on, the video has received 611 views, about the same number of views, our blog receives in a few hours on a good day. Can we claim to be the most influential diabetes blog in UK modern history? I think not.

Check out the Channel 4 news video below, and you will see Snowdon coming apart at the seams. Notice as the interview comes to an end, how Snowdon equivocates when asked does the IEA have connections to the food industry, he finally says when pushed "possibly" and also says "don't trust me" fair enough, I won't trust him.

Full story here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/christopher-snowdon-total-numbskull.html

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    graham64

Male Posts : 3028

Post by graham64 on Fri Dec 23 2016, 22:11

Goes to show just how desperate Collins and her ilk are when they join forces with a guy like Snowdon to degenerate a fellow HCP  just how low can they sink

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    chris c

Post by chris c on Mon Dec 26 2016, 22:14

I've come late to Twitter, yes there's a whole bunch of sense and some serious entertainment to be had, I saw this guy and also a militant academic vegan popping up here and there.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20 2017, 02:30