The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

The Shortest Day

chris c

The Shortest Day

Post by chris c on Wed Dec 21 2016, 23:17

tomorrow.

My mother always used to go up on top of the hill in the local park to see her longest shadow on the shortest day.

When we moved here we used to do the same thing at the top of the lane just across the fields.

Since she died it's a tradition I've continued, hopefully I'll be up there tomorrow around lunchtime. and I'll probably walk up from the bottom of the hill.

If it's like today though I probably won't bother, I put the light on soon after lunch. Ugh, I hate the gloom.
    chris c

Re: The Shortest Day

Post by chris c on Thu Dec 22 2016, 22:16

Well that worked, bright and sunny but some pretty serious wind chill. Now to work out how to upload the photo from my phone.

I found out where all the garden birds have gone, they're all in my friends' garden the other side of the hill. In the fields a useful flock of Fieldfares and Redwings.

Came back to an early dinner, Gloucester Old Spot sausages and slightly burnt sprouts. Leaving just enough room for a herring later, with spinach and toasted almonds and a thickly buttered oatcake.

Absolutely nothing dietician-approved there, it's all "clean eating" not synthetic crap.

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14 2017, 04:27