The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

How about a Glass of Wine?

Jan1

Female Posts : 4206

How about a Glass of Wine?

Post by Jan1 on Sun Dec 18 2016, 14:29

"Wine is as close to a perfect wheat, grain, and gluten-free beverage as it gets, regardless of varietal or vintage. If you consider the probable health effects that can be derived from light wine drinking (no more than two 4-ounce glasses per day), wine is proving to be both pleasurable and healthy."

Not my words ...

They come from this post here

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2016/12/how-about-a-glass-of-wine/

Cheers sunny

All the best Jan
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3757

Re: How about a Glass of Wine?

Post by Eddie on Mon Dec 19 2016, 18:33

Jeez, no wonder those low carb antis think we are all piss heads. vodkamachine

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    chris c

Post by chris c on Mon Dec 19 2016, 22:04

Cheers
    graham64

Male Posts : 3034

Post by graham64 on Mon Dec 19 2016, 22:20

And I'll drink to that 

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    Jan1

Female Posts : 4206

Post by Jan1 on Tue Dec 20 2016, 18:55

Sshhh ... don't tell anyone but we do have a few extra bottles of wine in our rack - ready for Christmas santa

Talking about wine and other Christmas drinks - years ago wine didn't seem to feature as much, it was babycham, advocat, sherry and of course beer or shandy.
    We used to have water on the dining table and drinks were for after the meal ... times seem to have changed a little Smile

All the best Jan
    chris c

Post by chris c on Tue Dec 20 2016, 21:31

My father always bought a bottle of Spanish Sauterne, It's now illegal to call it that if it doesn't come from France so I don't know what it's called nowadays.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23 2017, 10:54