The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Remembrance Sunday

Eddie

Male Posts : 3731

Remembrance Sunday

Post by Eddie on Sat Nov 12 2016, 16:45

Tomorrow is Remembrance Sunday in the UK. These days it is becoming evermore unfashionable to love your country and be a patriot. People like me are labelled Little Englander's, knuckle draggers and living in the past. Millions over the centuries, gave their lives, so that people living in the UK are free. At the very least, they must be remembered and their sacrifice and memory honoured.

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    Jan1

Female Posts : 4094

Re: Remembrance Sunday

Post by Jan1 on Sun Nov 13 2016, 18:25

Remembrance Sunday: Services honour war dead

Yes, I was one of the many viewers who watched this morning ...

A two-minute silence has been held to mark Remembrance Sunday.
    Services have taken place across the country to honour all those who have died in conflict.
    The Queen led the commemorations at the Cenotaph in London. Prime Minister Theresa May and party leaders attended.
    The Queen laid the first wreath, followed by other royals and politicians. After a remembrance service, veterans and current military personnel paraded down Whitehall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37965546
    Derek

Post by Derek on Mon Nov 14 2016, 16:48

That eleven year old girl (whose dad died on a submarine) on the BBC remembrance service had amazing composure and guts. Derek
    chris c

Post by chris c on Mon Nov 14 2016, 23:50

After my mother died I found a whole bunch of letters from my Grandpa at the front back to my Gran. Well actually he was behind the front (logistics) but he still got physically ill and suffered "shell shock" which we would now call PTSD.

I passed the letters on to my cousin and one of his granddaughters used them in a school project.

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19 2017, 23:28