The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Number one poster on this forum.

Eddie

Male Posts : 3750

Number one poster on this forum.

Post by Eddie on Thu Nov 10 2016, 20:51

So, a non diabetic, never over weight slim member, is the number one poster on this forum. In some ways a sad reflection don't you think. So many members join and never post. So many who have joined and were big names and posters here, checked out a long time ago. That's cool, it's a free world. But my Jan never stops working for the cause, here on the forum and blog, and dealing with the emails that come in from the Low Carb Diabetic website. When I am on a downer, I sometimes think, most diabetics deserve all they get. But hey, this is true of life. "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Thanks Jan for all you have done here and elsewhere, you have shamed many low carb warriors and those who believe they are dedicated to the cause. They are but lightweights, the few good guys here know who they are. Rant over affraid

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    graham64

Male Posts : 2988

Re: Number one poster on this forum.

Post by graham64 on Thu Nov 10 2016, 22:39

Eddie wrote:So, a non diabetic, never over weight slim member, is the number one poster on this forum. In some ways a sad reflection don't you think. So many members join and never post. So many who have joined and were big names and posters here, checked out a long time ago. That's cool, it's a free world. But my Jan never stops working for the cause, here on the forum and blog, and dealing with the emails that come in from the Low Carb Diabetic website. When I am on a downer, I sometimes think, most diabetics deserve all they get. But hey, this is true of life. "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Thanks Jan for all you have done here and elsewhere, you have shamed many low carb warriors and those who believe they are dedicated to the cause. They are but lightweights, the few good guys here know who they are. Rant over  affraid

Couldn't agree more Jan is stalwart both here on the forum and on the blog  were she has formed a bond with other bloggers around the world

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    chris c

Post by chris c on Fri Nov 11 2016, 22:07

Me too.
    Jan1

Female Posts : 4149

Post by Jan1 on Fri Nov 11 2016, 23:25

Many thanks guys ...

Onwards and upwards