THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Back By Popular Request

chris c
    chris c

Back By Popular Request Empty Back By Popular Request

Post by chris c Fri Aug 12 2016, 21:54

http://www.drbriffa.com/2007/10/03/why-is-the-dietary-advice-given-to-diabetics-so-often-so-woefully-inadequate/

I seem to recall that originally this spilled over onto some clueless doctor's blog and resulted in threats to report Briffa for not following NHS/DUK dietary advice. All mention of this appears to have gone, and the doctor's blog was completely deleted long ago. Nevertheless Chris Cashin/Chris/Ally and the Fat Controller (Catherine Collins) both make several appearances. Chris can be seen bleating on several prior and successive posts too, as can Collins. 

Eight years later and not a lot has changed. Sad
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Back By Popular Request Empty Re: Back By Popular Request

Post by graham64 Fri Aug 12 2016, 22:46

chris c wrote:http://www.drbriffa.com/2007/10/03/why-is-the-dietary-advice-given-to-diabetics-so-often-so-woefully-inadequate/

I seem to recall that originally this spilled over onto some clueless doctor's blog and resulted in threats to report Briffa for not following NHS/DUK dietary advice. All mention of this appears to have gone, and the doctor's blog was completely deleted long ago. Nevertheless Chris Cashin/Chris/Ally and the Fat Controller (Catherine Collins) both make several appearances. Chris can be seen bleating on several prior and successive posts too, as can Collins. 

Cashin is still giving it large on twitter citing anecdotal evidence about her patients, this is the same person who as Ally5555 at DCUK was dismissive of our own anecdotes Rolling Eyes
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Aug 13 2016, 19:01

graham64 wrote:
    chris c wrote:http://www.drbriffa.com/2007/10/03/why-is-the-dietary-advice-given-to-diabetics-so-often-so-woefully-inadequate/

Cashin is still giving it large on twitter citing anecdotal evidence about her patients, this is the same person who as Ally5555 at DCUK was dismissive of our own anecdotes Rolling Eyes  

Chris Cashin RD has always admired my work, I think she had a crush on me rofl . Did I tell ya, she used to be very worried about my diet. Evidently, it was a one way ticket to scurvy, osteoporosis and chronic bowel disorders. She was wrong! mrgreen
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sat Aug 13 2016, 23:06

Cashin's up there with Jopar in the league of nutters Rolling Eyes
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Aug 14 2016, 17:47

I misremembered, this was the motherlode of stupidity. The doctor's blog has been deleted and is unavailable on the Wayback Machine.

It would be entertaining if people's lives weren't at risk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 17:36