THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

How Much Does Low Carb Really Cost ?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

How Much Does Low Carb Really Cost ? Empty How Much Does Low Carb Really Cost ?

Post by Jan1 Mon Aug 01 2016, 10:26

How Much Does Low Carb Really Cost ? How_much_does_low_carb_cost_-_tall

You may have already seen this article ' How Much Does Low Carb Cost?' from Libby at 'Ditch The Carbs' site ... but if you haven't I think it well worth a read. She writes:

"A question I am asked often is “How much does low carb cost?”. Many perceive changing from a high carb diet to a low carb diet will cost a small fortune. Read on to see why I don’t believe it does and my top tips to help you save money while you transition to low carb.

LOW CARB COSTS VS HIGH CARB COSTS

How much does low carb cost can be broken down further into short term costs and long term costs. Short term costs are your immediate expenditure such as your grocery bill whereas long term costs are medical bills, supplements and other lifestyle burdens that you cannot put a price on. There are so many factors beyond money. Health, pleasure, well being, contentment, calmness, weight and longevity to name just a few."

You can find Libby's full article with relevant links here:
    http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2016/08/01/much-low-carb-cost/

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

How Much Does Low Carb Really Cost ? Empty Re: How Much Does Low Carb Really Cost ?

Post by chris c Tue Aug 02 2016, 18:42

I often wonder where all the food went from my HCLF days. I used to have to eat, or snack, every couple of hours, but I never put on weight until after the dietician got a hold of me.

What I eat now may be more expensive but I eat far less of it. As an old fart I no longer pay prescription charges but even so I have deleted my statin, H2 blocker and antidepressant. If I'd known then what I know now the NHS could have avoided wasting a whole bunch of money on antidotes to the diet.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 14:29