THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Anyone for Tennis !

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Anyone for Tennis ! Empty Anyone for Tennis !

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 30 2016, 13:43

Our five grandchildren all enjoy the great outdoors

These two have recently discovered the delights of tennis, as can be seen in the photo.

Anyone for Tennis ! Kidstennis

Happy days ...

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Anyone for Tennis ! Empty Re: Anyone for Tennis !

Post by Jan1 Tue Feb 07 2017, 20:38

Jan1 wrote:

These two have recently discovered the delights of tennis, as can be seen in the photo.

Happy days ...

All the best Jan

From the Australian Open when we were treated to a great finals Federer v Nadal, to the more recent Davis Cup Tie in Canada - when GB won by default - see more about that here http://www.tennishead.net/news/on-tour/2017/02/06/britain-beat-canada-after-default

I'm still looking forward to summer 2017 and more pictures like this

Yes I know I'm biased lol!

But isn't it great to think about warmer summer days?

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Feb 10 2017, 00:03

My parents met at the village tennis club. Mother used to play badminton in winter - indoors. Have they tried that? I used to love the word shuttlecock when I was little.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Feb 11 2017, 14:24

The tennis club, near to where they live, is very good and has an active children's section, which is always good to see in any sport.

They haven't tried badminton ... yet!

They do have one of those swing ball's in the garden, which you need to be careful with.
    That ball can come at speed if someone has given it a really good hard hit OUCH!!!

But seeing as it's snowing at the moment the swing ball equipment is tucked safely in the garden shed

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon May 15 2017, 21:50

Summer term at school and tennis is in full swing ... again (this picture from last year)
    It was pouring with rain this morning when these two set out for school  rain

Luckily the weather dried out and our grandson thoroughly enjoyed his after school tennis club!

I think grand-daughter decided it was too cold and dreary to play tennis today Grandma, and decided on doing something equally important like playing Elsa the Snow Queen from Frozen! LOL!

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jun 12 2017, 17:47

Due to rain our grandson (pictured above) couldn't play tennis last week ...
    He was due to play after school today ...

I hope it doesn't rain Grandma!
    I think the weather has been dry, and his tennis racket has been used sunny

Talking of tennis didn't Nadal do well at the French Open he now has his 10th French Title and has moved up to number two in the rankings ...Murray is Number One.

http://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2017/06/12/nadal-enjoys-ranking-rise-as-djokovic-ends-six-year-stay-in-top/

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Jul 13 2017, 22:52

I watched part of the superb match between Johanna Konta and Venus Williams. Two players in top form.

Konta has astonishing legs, though I thought Simona Halep was a lot sexier. Venus is still stunning being as how she is ten years older than the other two. That's when I thought I'd see what they ate and discovered the claims that both are vegan. NOT true, Jo eats more like Clean Eating (The Horror!) and Venus is more vegetarian but eats chicken which isn't usually considered to be a vegetable.

I wonder if there are any Paleo/keto tennis players? I believe one of the men but can't remember which one.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 15 2017, 18:49

Well ... I thought Venus Williams would have lifted the Wimbledon Ladies title today but it was Garbine Muguruza.
    Well done to her cheers  

I will be routing for Federer tomorrow ... I wonder how the match will pan out Question

Chris said:
    " I wonder if there are any Paleo/keto tennis players? I believe one of the men but can't remember which one. "

... I think it's Novak Djokovic who has a gluten allergy/intolerance that eats Paleo

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jul 15 2017, 22:39

Wow she's come a long way in a short time! Already beat Serena too, well they are getting on in years I suppose. They were always pretty consistent, Muguruza is much more variable so far but then she's still young.

Thanks, I couldn't remember if it was Djokovich or Federer. So many people in so many sports now turning away from carbs it's hard to keep up.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jul 16 2017, 16:14

cheers  Well done Federer, I enjoyed the match Smile

Eight times Wimbledon Champion ... amazing sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jan 24 2018, 19:22

January 2018 and Britain's Kyle Edmund reaches Australian Open tennis semi-finals-

The unseeded 23-year-old is the first British man other than Andy Murray to reach the last four of the Australian Open since 1977.

Britain's Kyle Edmund has stunned world number three Grigor Dimitrov to reach the semi-finals of the Australian Open.

He becomes only the sixth British man to reach the semi-finals of a Grand Slam in the Open era.

I wish him well in his next game  Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 25 2018, 19:48

Continuing Kyle Edmund reaches Australian Open tennis semi-finals-

I didn't see the match but the result was ... Marin Cilic ended Kyle Edmund's dream run with an emphatic straight-sets victory in the Australian Open final.

Never mind Kyle you've done well Smile

https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2018/01/25/clinical-cilic-outclasses-edmund-to-reach-final/

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jan 28 2018, 21:15

Well done Roger Federer  Smile

"An emotional Roger Federer breaks down in tears as he becomes the first man in history to win 20 Grand Slam titles after beating Croatia's Marin Cilic in five sets at the Australian Open

Roger Federer had tears streaming down his face on Sunday night as he was declared the first man in history to win 20 Grand Slam titles after a masterclass performance at the Australian Open.

The Swiss maestro looked overwhelmed as he kissed the massive silver trophy before holding it up above his head after he knocked out Croatia's Marin Cilic in a gripping five-set match.  

Mirka, his wife of nearly nine years, was seen reaching down to him on the ground at Rod Laver arena as he leaned up to her with an adoring look on his face.

Sunday's match was Federer's sixth Australian Open victory, and his thirtieth ever Grand Slam final"

More here
    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5321839/Roger-Federer-breaks-tears-Grand-Slam-win.html

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Apr 24 2018, 21:55

Jan1 wrote:

Happy days ...

All the best Jan

>>>
    Flashback photograph to July 2016 ...

It's now almost May 2018, and these two are hoping for a dry day (yes, sunshine would be good too) this Saturday, as they get out their tennis gear and head for the courts sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jun 24 2018, 18:32

The sun is shining, the crowds at Queens Club and BBC viewers enjoyed the match and it was a win for  Marin Cilic beating Novak Djokovic in the finals.

The Queen's Club is a private sporting club in West Kensington, London, England. The club hosts the prestigious annual Queen's Club Championships grass court men's lawn tennis tournament

Wimbledon starts on the 2nd July … so not long!

I do enjoy tennis!  Smile

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 08:49