THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Dr Ian Lake - Diabetes From Both Sides Of The Consulting Desk

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Dr Ian Lake - Diabetes From Both Sides Of The Consulting Desk Empty Dr Ian Lake - Diabetes From Both Sides Of The Consulting Desk

Post by graham64 Mon Jul 11 2016, 21:39

Published on Jun 29, 2016
    Filmed at the Public Health Collaboration Conference 2016
    chris c
    chris c

Dr Ian Lake - Diabetes From Both Sides Of The Consulting Desk Empty Re: Dr Ian Lake - Diabetes From Both Sides Of The Consulting Desk

Post by chris c Mon Jul 11 2016, 22:22

What a sensible fellow! I see some other excellent talks from the same meeting.

Speaking of sensible fellows, anyone know what became of Fergus? ISTR he was involved in some Scottish collaboration.
    graham64
    graham64

Dr Ian Lake - Diabetes From Both Sides Of The Consulting Desk Empty Re: Dr Ian Lake - Diabetes From Both Sides Of The Consulting Desk

Post by graham64 Mon Jul 11 2016, 22:35

chris c wrote:What a sensible fellow! I see some other excellent talks from the same meeting.

Speaking of sensible fellows, anyone know what became of Fergus? ISTR he was involved in some Scottish collaboration.

He's still around and working to promote low carb  Cool

Fergus Craig at Lateral Health 2015

Published on Mar 5, 2015
    "Managing Type 1 Diabetes Through Carb Restriction"

Fergus Craig talks about his own experience of how a low carb diet has helped him manage his diabetes and keep him in good shape.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Tue Jul 12 2016, 18:59

graham64 wrote:
    chris c wrote:What a sensible fellow! I see some other excellent talks from the same meeting.

He's still around and working to promote low carb  Cool

Fergus Craig at Lateral Health 2015

Published on Mar 5, 2015
    "Managing Type 1 Diabetes Through Carb Restriction"

Fergus Craig talks about his own experience of how a low carb diet has helped him manage his diabetes and keep him in good shape.

Great to see this again ...

I think it still so important that we do talk about the success with the LCHF lifestyle ... especially so for diabetics ... but it can also benefit so many others too.

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Jul 12 2016, 22:05

Jan wrote:Great to see this again ...

I think it still so important that we do talk about the success with the LCHF lifestyle ... especially so for diabetics ... but it can also benefit so many others too.

All the best Jan

Yes Fergus is still maintaining non diabetic A1c's after all these years, more type ones are starting to reap the benefits of low carb but as Fergus states there is still a lot of opposition to this diet

Fergus has had Type 1 diabetes for 34 years.In 2000, with worsening health and a growing weight issue and after a near fatal car crash, it was time to do something about it.  It took a bit of research, quite a lot of reading and eventually an Open University course in Human Nutrition, but then it did start to dawn on me that perhaps insulin was the common denominator.  It was time for action.

12 months later, Fergus' BMI had falled from 29 to 22, his HbA1c from 8.3% to 4.6% and his insulin dosage had fallen to 25% of what it had been at the start.  Most of what he once thought he knew about healthy eating had turned out to be quite wrong.  15 years later his weight remains stable, blood sugars are non-diabetic and he doesn't have any of the long term complications that often go hand in hand with diabetes.  What still surprises Fergus is the level of opposition to the dietary implications of what he has found.

http://www.lateralhealth.org/speakers.html

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Jul 13 2016, 22:03

I wonder what diet Theresa May is on?
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Jul 13 2016, 22:15

chris c wrote:I wonder what diet Theresa May is on?

I don't know but she has a discreet need for jelly babies  Laughing
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Jul 13 2016, 22:31

Remember that Spitting Image skit where Margaret Thatcher takes the Cabinet to a restaurant?

When asked what she wants she replies

"Raw beef!"

"What about the vegetables?" the waiter asks

"Oh, they'll have the same!"

I remember when May was first diagnosed she trivialised diabetes as "just needing a couple of shots a day", good that she is presumably now off the mixed insulin. I wonder if she'll have anything to say to whoever she appoints as Health Minister on the subject.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 19:00