THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.  Empty Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.

Post by Eddie Sun Jun 26 2016, 11:41

Well I was wrong about the referendum, I thought it would be close, with the stay-ins winning. Never have I seen such division between the people of the UK, and how the communists at the BBC were gutted. Over the last couple of days, there has been much talk of the old git brigade has stitched up the young, I have never seen so much wailing on social media and the press. This is what the BBC said here  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36574526

While experts will pore over the finer details of turnout over the coming days and weeks, the cry will inevitably go up that it was older voters which won it for Leave - particularly in the south, south-west, Midlands and the north east.

It is a matter of fact that the older you are, the more likely you are to make the effort to vote - 78% of those 65 or over voted in the 2015 election, compared with 43% of 18-24 year olds and 54% of 25-34 year olds.

Despite the last minute rush to register - which saw 2.6 million people sign up, many of them younger voters, between 15 May and the extended deadline of 9 June - the breakdown may not be radically different this time.

Factor in research suggesting that support for Brexit was significantly higher among those aged 55 and over than among younger age groups - three out of every five voters aged 65 or over said they wanted to leave - then you have the foundation for Friday's result.

Analysis from SkyData regarding the number of voters by age.

Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.  SkyData

If the SkyData proves to be a true representation, of the numbers of voters by age who voted, maybe more young people should have gone out and voted.

One thing is for sure, we are in for interesting times ahead, the Labour party and the Tories are having their nights of the long knives, much blood to be spilt before the dust settles. Cameron could not resign fast enough, and as reported yesterday, he is not interested in how the Brexit progresses, as he would be handing it over to his successor. The first time in history a man left the sinking ship before the rats.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.  Empty Re: Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.

Post by Eddie Mon Jun 27 2016, 16:09

For me this sums the whole leave the EU situation. For the first time we have a first past the post result and true democracy at work. Leaving will not be a cake walk, but leaving the totally corrupt EU had to be done. I believe other countries will do the same in the near future.  

Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.  Best%2Bcomment%2Bscree%2Bshot

From the amount of re-tweets and likes within 24 hours, it appears many people agree with the OP and my tweet.
    Derek
    Derek

Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.  Empty Re: Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.

Post by Derek Mon Jun 27 2016, 19:00

Just shows age does not always impart wisdom! Smile
    Eddie wrote:For me this sums the whole leave the EU situation. For the first time we have a first past the post result and true democracy at work. Leaving will not be a cake walk, but leaving the totally corrupt EU had to be done. I believe other countries will do the same in the near future.  

Brexit it was not the old that done it for the young.  Best%2Bcomment%2Bscree%2Bshot

From the amount of re-tweets and likes within 24 hours, it appears many people agree with the OP and my tweet.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jun 28 2016, 13:55

"Just shows age does not always impart wisdom!"

That maybe, but the old are prepared to get off their butts and vote. Very Happy
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Jun 29 2016, 18:47

Dennis Skinner 'flicks V-sign' at ex-shadow cabinet The Bolsover Beast. One of the few honest politicians left, from when the Labour Party was interested in the people, rather than lining their own pockets. A man that knows what a real job and hard work is all about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 14:01