THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+8
mo1905
Dillinger
sanguine
zand
Eddie
Paul1976
Andy12345
EvenMoreHeathen
12 posters

Censorship

Sally
    Sally

Censorship - Page 3 Empty Re: Censorship

Post by Sally Fri Sep 19 2014, 17:58

OK, so on some forums they say that there is no such thing as a stupid question (despite the fact that some days the forum is overflowing with them), so I want to put this forum to the test:
    What is a socket puppet (in the context of a forum) and how does it differ from a troll and, second question, if I have a sock puppet every morning and a troll at bedtime, can I then eat anything I want?
    Sally
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Sep 19 2014, 18:37

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

Had to Google it ! Never heard of it to be honest ! They do look very low carb though :-)
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 19 2014, 18:39

They are indigestible though, and can leave a nasty taste in the mouth Razz

Signy
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Sep 19 2014, 21:36

Having seen the trolls at work here and the other place I think this is a good description of them Twisted Evil

Study: Offline, Internet Trolls Are Machiavellian, Sadists, and Psychopaths

People who leave comments in online forums to deliberately provoke angry and emotional reactions from others are not much nicer in real life, according to a study published in the journal Identity and Personal Differences.

http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/in-real-life-internet-trolls-are-machiavellian-sadists-and-psychopaths
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Sat Sep 20 2014, 19:03

Dillinger wrote:Signy; which thread was that? Did I comment on it? Maybe increased levels of memory loss being reported in diabetics is just from us going 'wait a minute didn't a  post a long piece to the DUK forum? I can't find it?' because Osidge has deleted it in a fit of self righteous religious ire...

Best

Dillinger (I think)

After a PM exchange with Osidge at the DUK Forum about this post I have decided to amend what I said.

The line above about Osidge should be deleted and replaced with; "because Osidge has deleted it in a fit of pompous religious ire..."

Thank you for taking note.

Best

Dillinger
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Sep 20 2014, 19:26

Dillinger wrote:
    Dillinger wrote:Signy; which thread was that? Did I comment on it? Maybe increased levels of memory loss being reported in diabetics is just from us going 'wait a minute didn't a  post a long piece to the DUK forum? I can't find it?' because Osidge has deleted it in a fit of self righteous religious ire...

Best

Dillinger (I think)

After a PM exchange with Osidge at the DUK Forum about this post I have decided to amend what I said.

The line above about Osidge should be deleted and replaced with; "because Osidge has deleted it in a fit of pompous religious ire..."

Best

Dillinger

Quality with a capital K and rest assured, I have taken note ! Did he comment on how the big pharma sell off was going re the forum ?

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 20 2014, 20:40

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/just-told-im-type-2.64608/page-6#post-637841

No need for the cloak and Dagger stuff Osidge-If you don't like this forum then just say so.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Sep 20 2014, 21:28

didnt he look like a complete dickhead saying that lol

i hope he see this too lol

dickhead dickhead dickhead
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 20 2014, 21:33

Andy12345 wrote:didnt he look like a complete dickhead saying that lol

i hope he see this too lol

dickhead dickhead dickhead

lol I won't argue with that mate and the bitter Irony is that he was the one that derailed a newbies thread and then was the one who locked it when folks protested and didn't agree with him!!! lol!
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Sep 20 2014, 21:34

What I don't get is.....why are people from the other place reading this forum? They could join us and express their thoughts here couldn't they? Or just not bother reading it if they really don't like it?

I also don't see what was wrong with that thread. The OP didn't seem to mind what was being said to him
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 20 2014, 21:38

zand wrote:What I don't get is.....why are people from the other place reading this forum?  They could join us and express their thoughts here couldn't they?  Or just not bother reading it if they really don't like it?  

I also don't see what was wrong with that thread.  The OP didn't seem to mind what was being said to him

Nothing wrong with the thread at all 'til Osidge waded in! They won't come over here and debate as they can't bellow "Mods lock this thread now!!" over here when they're losing the argument! Twisted Evil
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sat Sep 20 2014, 23:21

Dillinger wrote:After a PM exchange with Osidge at the DUK Forum about this post I have decided to amend what I said.

Hang on a minute are you saying Osidge is now moderating this forum Question  If that's the case surely then our mods should have the same privileges over at the other place Laughing
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Sun Sep 21 2014, 10:29

I was actually shocked to read this lot wasn't going to answer but agghh may as well.

l post occasionally still on the other forum l don't feel comfy doing it though as it does seem to have gone off the rails. I was shocked at what you were saying goes on, the mods having multiple accounts etc when l owned and ran forums the mods had one account and any others they were not allowed to mod with it was a sort of general pile into it account they could join in on conversations and have fun with if that makes sense.
    Had they pulled the stunts posted here they would have lost their position and probably the access to the forum.

I do point folks there and to here but my only complaint is the name of this one but l am finally getting the hang of it. The forumotion part kept tripping me l ignore it now and point them to lowcarbdiet.co.uk and forum link is top line there.

The other site does have a lot of interesting info on it and l learnt a lot still do but they have been going a long time to be fair. However this will soon catch up just needs time to grow and gather is going well so far Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:38

I had 2500 posts deleted in one hit on the DCUK forum, Graham had over 500 posts deleted, John Wilson had posts deleted, Dr.Jay Wortman a type two diabetic and low carb expert had posts deleted and was banned twice. That sort of censorship has gone on for years over there. It is a disgrace, just think what that forum could have achieved over the last six years, but money corrupts just about everything, and that forum is about making money, that is why it was set up.

Eddie
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:44

Well, it's strange how we are seen as a "very, very, small forum" yet they keep feeling the need to visit :-)
    I think it's great :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 11:59

mo1905 wrote:Well, it's strange how we are seen as a "very, very, small forum" yet they keep feeling the need to visit :-)
    I think it's great :-)

I thought that too! Thanks Osidge for the free advertising and the extra site traffic! lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:06

Can someone PM Osidge and ask him to join this forum, I would love to have a chat with him, seriously.

Eddie
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:16

eddie1 wrote:Can someone PM Osidge and ask him to join this forum, I would love to have a chat with him, seriously.

Eddie

I done that a couple of days ago ! Nothing yet but hardly surprised !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:18

thats like asking the lion to jump into the sea to have a chat with the sharks, im the jungle he is all powerful, in the sea, he is a wet kitty cat
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:19

Andy12345 wrote:thats like asking the lion to jump into the sea to have a chat with the sharks, im the jungle he is all powerful, in the sea, he is a wet kitty cat

LOL!! Great analogy there mate! Very Happy
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:22

From grizzly Bear over there to Winnie the Pooh over here I reckon!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 13:05

He will never come over here, and nor will the likes of the long term low carb antis. On a level playing field they would be able to offer no sound argument or defence of their actions. For over six years the censorship has worked like this.

A low carber starts a post telling about good news and highly positive information re low carb. It starts to get a lot of attention from the members, in jumps a low carb anti and rocks the boat, swiftly followed by the clique. A bun fight ensues, the clique then bombard the mods with pm's bellowing for thread locking and banning. Most of the mods in recent years have the intellect of a grass hopper (not Mo or Ian) or have been so corrupt, even the money grabbing management fired them.

Other mods have almost no knowledge of controlling diabetes, however they are mega stars at the word games, other trivia and posting a cut and paste job to newbies promoting the disastrous NICE guidelines for diabetics. Meanwhile, the long time clique ensure the low carb nil/minimal method of safe and reliable method of safe diabetes control, does not get a strangle hold on the forum. This gets the seal of approval from the management, because the managements long term aim has been to sell or tie in the forum with big pharma, as proved when we published on our blog the statements made by Barry Summers Director at Diabetes Digital Media Limited - Diabetes.co.uk.

So, anyone from the DCUK management, or forum mods, or members, want to come over here and debate or refute what I said in this post ?

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 13:28

Ain't that the truth!! and who could forget the 'Active mod' who went behind the scenes recruiting for the DiabolicalABC forum with tales of a 'Promised land' of milk and honey! Proper stitched up I was there! Evil or Very Mad
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:23

Mo would it be unethical to ask if Eddie is right, do they in fact send lots of reports about the threads?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:28

i only ask as i only ever hit report post twice in my time so it seems weird to me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 19:08