THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+8
mo1905
Dillinger
sanguine
zand
Eddie
Paul1976
Andy12345
EvenMoreHeathen
12 posters

Censorship

EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Censorship - Page 2 Empty Re: Censorship

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 19 2014, 12:44

Hi Dillinger, it was the one Zand mentioned, you did reply to it as I remember because there was a shout out by Zand ( (I think ! ) to Spiker, you, me and a couple of others as it was a Type 1 insulin query.

It was a good thread and some interesting and intelligent discussions , then along came troll/ sock puppet Evil or Very Mad I swatted troll, two days went by with more intelligent discussion , then troll resurfaced last night still gibbering about stopping their insulin after 6 days since diagnosis, eating raw food and in a later post being healed by god Rolling Eyes There was a bit of banter between TITD2 , Zand and I , and I admit I was poking said troll with a pointy stick , but in a restrained, genteel way ( as opposed to roaring and axeing Very Happy ) then the whole thread vanished , including of course, the previous sensible discussions Rolling Eyes

Funnily enough, I couldn't get on the forum again . I've not tried since , but will do now ...

Signy
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 19 2014, 12:48

A ps to that - I think that one particular mod really doesn't like me, as I've noticed the posts I make seem to disappear when they are on, yet others who say the same thing as I did are not deleted. Maybe I pissed them off with the 10 Commandments of Autocorrect post ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Signy
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 19 2014, 12:58

Update : I just checked , and can now get on the other forum, but also checked my recent posts in my profile and more have been deleted apart from last nights Rolling Eyes

Either I'm suffering from memory loss or I'm on the watch list Suspect

Signy
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Sep 19 2014, 12:59

Oh Signy.....I hadn't twigged it was that one. That was a really useful thread! And the troll was getting tired so there was no reason why the thread couldn't continue!
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 19 2014, 13:17

Yeah, and I'm feeling a bit guilty about the pointy stick thing, but at the time I was so incensed at the idiot pushing the "stop your insulin " advice . If you remember, there wasn't any name calling though I did say at one point that troll was ignorant, arrogant and dangerous Rolling Eyes

The last thing I remember posting was something like " Hey ho, I usually slay trolls, not feed 'em. Unless it suits me for my own amusement Rolling Eyes " So maybe calling a troll a troll is verboten ? Laughing I'm wondering at what point Tracy realises her first thread has vanished ?

Signy
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 19 2014, 13:21

Paul wrote:Maybe a good suggestion for the badges they sell in the shop would be "Where's my post gone?"

Lol ! Laughing You could start another thread with further suggestions Twisted Evil Eddie has come up with another good 'un Laughing

Signy
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 19 2014, 13:27

EvenMoreHeathen wrote:Yeah, and I'm feeling a bit guilty about the pointy stick thing, but at the time I was so incensed at the idiot pushing the "stop your insulin " advice . If you remember, there wasn't any name calling though I did say at one point that troll was ignorant, arrogant and dangerous Rolling Eyes

The last thing I remember posting was something like " Hey ho, I usually slay trolls, not feed 'em. Unless it suits me for my own amusement Rolling Eyes " So maybe calling a troll a troll is verboten ? Laughing  I'm wondering at what point Tracy realises her first thread has vanished ?

Signy

Yes quite.  That's a real shame.  So many people had input into that......there were the 3 of us type 2's who kept bumping the post.  Me tagging around 6 T1's because I thought there was only going to be one T1 replying unless I did something.  Your answers were brill and Dillinger then I missed a few pages and came back in when the troll did.  Maybe it was the joint problems of religion interfering and the trolling too?  I don't consider you did anything wrong, you and TITD2 effectively saw off the troll.  Still like you say, maybe being a troll is not as bad as calling a troll a troll.

Last edited by zand on Fri Sep 19 2014, 13:46; edited 1 time in total
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 19 2014, 13:41

It is a fact that many of the mods over there have their own sock puppets and trolls just to kick the low carb movement. One mod had at least ten different forum names, he even admitted to giving the password to post to his mates FACT. Am I right or am I right.

I personally have lost count of the different names I have used on the DCUK forum. That being said I see myself as a white knight fighting against the stupidity of the carboholic antis. Others of course see it differently. As you would expect, I am still over there posting the low carb good news.

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:35

eddie1 wrote:It is a fact that many of the mods over there have their own sock puppets and trolls just to kick the low carb movement. One mod had at least ten different forum names, he even admitted to giving the password to post to his mates FACT. Am I right or am I right.

Eddie

Our 'Old friend' perhaps?  What a Face

Censorship - Page 2 Last%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bmohicans

"The slightly harrowing tale of a forum moderator stripped of his power and multiple user accounts and left unable to meddle and corral." Twisted Evil lol!

Last edited by Paul on Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:37; edited 1 time in total
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:36

The trouble is mainly the consistency between the mods. As many of you know, I used to be a mod on another forum and there was very little, if any, communication regarding day to day things. A decent mod is just someone who has a real interest and is able to give a decent amount of time. You need to get to know the members where poss and keep an eye on things. It's no good coming out of the woodwork every few months and wielding a stick then going back into hiding ! It's not an easy task though to be fair, there have been some very good threads deleted or locked by a few stupid remarks. Trouble is, if you just delete the odd comment, the thread can become impossible to make sense off. Frustrating for sure.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:40

Mo! You're back!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:47

zand wrote:Mo!  You're back!

Oh yes ! I am lol ! How did that happen ? I remember going to Bob Marleys house but nothing after that ;-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:49

mo1905 wrote: You need to get to know the members where poss and keep an eye on things. It's no good coming out of the woodwork every few months and wielding a stick then going back into hiding !

Exactly that Mo! The other place is the only forum I know where a Mod can disappear for months on end and then come back whenever they fancy and then take the high horse about what's acceptable on the forum despite never seeming to give a Rats Ass for 99% of the time...except for holidays of course,a mod needs to be checking in multiple times daily and even that isn't enough sometimes (The pot Noodle fella) sneaked his posts of gibber in whilst I was at Aldi shopping! affraid
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:54

Censorship - Page 2 The+Beast

The members noticed a profound change had taken place with Mo after returning from his holiday
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:57

Lol ! Brilliant, Eddie Laughing Laughing Laughing

Signy
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:57

eddie1 wrote:

The members noticed a profound change had taken place with Mo after returning from his holiday

lol yeh, he's not 'caring for' a football anymore.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:00

I want some of what he's smoking!!! pirat
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:01

Paul wrote:I want some of what he's smoking!!! pirat

Perhaps he's brought some back for us?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:03

zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:I want some of what he's smoking!!! pirat

Perhaps he's brought some back for us?  

I hope so! Twisted Evil
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:03

eddie1 wrote:

That tickled me lol ! Pretty sure that was our guide though :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:05

Wait 'til Andy spots this later!! lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:28

Censorship - Page 2 Roy-chubby-Brown_28_678129a

Mo before his holiday
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:35

Muhahahaaaaa brilliant!!!

welcome back mun, is you chilled to the core?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:48

eddie1 wrote:It is a fact that many of the mods over there have their own sock puppets and trolls just to kick the low carb movement. One mod had at least ten different forum names, he even admitted to giving the password to post to his mates FACT. Am I right or am I right.

I personally have lost count of the different names I have used on the DCUK forum. That being said I see myself as a white knight fighting against the stupidity of the carboholic antis. Others of course see it differently. As you would expect, I am still over there posting the low carb good news.

Eddie

And I thought I was the only schizo around here.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:58

zand wrote:

Eddie

And I thought I was the only schizo around here.  

The Lard works in mysterious ways !

Eddie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 15:54