THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Man Loses 13 Stone In Less Than Two Years

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Man Loses 13 Stone In Less Than Two Years Empty Man Loses 13 Stone In Less Than Two Years

Post by Jan1 Tue May 10 2016, 10:50

This is snippets from original article ...

A hairdresser who weighed 26 stone at the age of 18 credits ‘Geordie Shore’ star Charlotte Crosby with his 13 stone weight loss.

Jamie Hill lost weight after cutting out his daily treat of two family-sized chocolate bars and one litre bottle of fizzy pop and now weighs 13st 8lbs.

Amazingly, cutting out the sugary treats also saved him over £500 – money which he has spent on a new wardrobe.

But, he said his weight loss is mainly thanks to reality TV star Charlotte.

“She was my inspiration,” he explained. “I would do her DVD workout three times a week.”

Hill, 24, of Walsall, West Midlands, said he had been a big child, but became desperate to slim down after training as a trendy hairdresser.

“Weight wasn’t really something I thought about as a child,” he said.

“It was not until I grew older and started my hairdressing job at 21 that I started to think about wanting to lose weight.

“Initially, I felt quite sweaty around clients and if I was running about I would sweat more and get tired easily. It made me feel self conscious and horrible.

“Clients comment on how much weight I’ve lost now. They can’t get over it.”

Hill, who weighed 26st at 18, said he ate junk food as a child as a result of “boredom and laziness”.

“But I was not educated about food either,” he said. “I was blind to what I was eating.

“I was eating for the sake of it. It felt good because I wasn’t really thinking about it, but afterwards I’d get hungry again.”

His diet included kebabs, McDonald’s, cakes, crisps, one litre of fizzy pop every day, as well as two family-sized bars of chocolate daily.

At college he would grab a sandwich, crisps, a litre of chocolate milkshake and a family bar of chocolate.

He said: “At 18 years old I weighed 26 stone. I remember looking in the mirror and not liking what stared back.

In October 2014, Hill decided he needed to lose weight.

He changed his food choices and started eating lots of salad. Then in May 2015 he started going to the gym occasionally.

Hill now eats salad, tuna, sweetcorn, chicken, sweet potatoes, and drinks plenty of water.

Hill has also said he has saved money by adopting a healthy diet.

Full article here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/charlotte-crosby-fitness-dvd-weight-loss_uk_57304f0ee4b0e6da49a67715?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl17%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D457586

... exercise is always good but better food choices are so important and are key - don't you think?

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Man Loses 13 Stone In Less Than Two Years Empty Re: Man Loses 13 Stone In Less Than Two Years

Post by chris c Wed May 11 2016, 19:49

Yes there's now a horde of evidence that while exercise is good for health it does bugger all for weight loss compared to a proper diet.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 09:09