THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

British Dietetic Association's Catherine Collins last to see the light?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

British Dietetic Association's Catherine Collins last to see the light? Empty British Dietetic Association's Catherine Collins last to see the light?

Post by Eddie Fri Apr 15 2016, 18:23

"Pasta is just not the same without a delicious sauce to go with it.

And if you haven’t got the time, it’s usually your go-to dinner when you’ve got no food in the house.

But you may want to think again next time you leap for the Dolmio pasta sauce because apparently you’re only meant to eat it ‘occasionally’.

The company behind Dolmio’s pasta sauce, Mars food, is introducing a new label telling consumers its products are high in fat, salt and sugar and should only be eaten once a week." Reported in just about every Newspaper and media outlet in the UK.

British Dietetic Association's Catherine Collins last to see the light? Dolmio

Maybe I am over reacting, but when one of the worlds largest makers of processed foods tells us to only eat one of their products once a week, I am wondering if anyone should eat the product, ever. The truth is, I have not ate any of the Mars group products in almost eight years, or any other food that comes from a factory more akin to a petro-chem plant, than the farm or the sea.

Clearly The British Dietetic Associations high profile and highly vocal dietitian Catherine Collins, does not agree with me. So many times we see dietitians promoting very poor dietary advice, until this ceases, the un-checked epidemics of obesity and the often linked type two diabetes will continue.

British Dietetic Association's Catherine Collins last to see the light? Collins%2Bscreen%2Bshot
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

British Dietetic Association's Catherine Collins last to see the light? Empty Re: British Dietetic Association's Catherine Collins last to see the light?

Post by graham64 Fri Apr 15 2016, 21:38

Any dietitian affiliated to the BDA should be avoided by diabetics, for those of us with T2 they cite the latest eatwell guide which is low in fat and includes 37% from starch floggingdeadhorse

People with diabetes should eat a healthy diet, the
    same as somebody without diabetes. It should be low
    in saturated fat, high in fibre and include a variety of
    fruit and vegetables.

They do say though a lower carb diet could be an option  facepalm

A lower carbohydrate diet
    could be an option for you but talk to a healthcare
    professional first, preferably a dietitian, as it may not
    be suitable or your medication may need adjusting
    chris c
    chris c

British Dietetic Association's Catherine Collins last to see the light? Empty Re: British Dietetic Association's Catherine Collins last to see the light?

Post by chris c Sat Apr 16 2016, 18:52

"People with diabetes should eat a healthy diet, the
    same as somebody without diabetes. It should be low
    in saturated fat, high in fibre and include a variety of
    fruit and vegetables."

It isn't a healthy diet, you terminal fuckwits. Otherwise there wouldn't be any "epidemics" of metabolic disease. Just like there weren't before it was invented.
    AnnaB

Post by AnnaB Sun Apr 17 2016, 09:54

Hi I am new here, love what I have seen so far.

It really hurts physically as well as mentally when one hears and reads over and over again the same phrases from the so called 'experts' and healthcare providers.

I have been lead down the same path by my doctor and diabetes educator. Did my own researches and am low carbing ever since. No medication just diet and my A1c went down from 6 at diagnosis t 5 last december. I am determinded that this diabetes thing will not get me!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Apr 17 2016, 17:16

AnnaB wrote:Hi I am new here, love what I have seen so far.

It really hurts physically as well as mentally when one hears and reads over and over again the same phrases from the so called 'experts' and healthcare providers.

I have been lead down the same path by my doctor and diabetes educator. Did my own researches and am low carbing ever since. No medication just diet and my A1c went down from 6 at diagnosis t 5 last december. I am determinded that this diabetes thing will not get me!

Hi Anna welcome to our small but fun forum. Sounds like you have this diabetes thing under control, and no reason why it should not stay that way. If we can control our T2 diabetes with nil/minimal meds with lifestyle changes and whole fresh food, it has to be a no brainer.

Look forward to more posts from you.

Kind regards Eddie
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Apr 17 2016, 21:26

AnnaB wrote:Hi I am new here, love what I have seen so far.

Hi welcome Anna, sadly your experience with your doctor and diabetes educator is all to familiar most of us have had the same problems with our HCP's  Sad

You've obviously taken control and done your research, self management of your diabetes is the best way as we have found out over the years. You've probably heard from the so called diabetes experts that low carb is unsustainable in the longer term and diabetes is a progressive disease, our own experience is the opposite eight years on from diagnosis still well controlled and minimum medications

As Eddie said we are only a small forum but there is always some one around if you have any questions

Graham
    AnnaB

Post by AnnaB Mon Apr 18 2016, 07:04

Thank you both for warm welcome
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Apr 18 2016, 21:12

AnnaB wrote:Thank you both for warm welcome

Hi Anna some reading for you if you've not already seen it on the forum

https://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t1195-self-management-of-t2-my-first-year

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 07:42