THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
Wobblycogs
mo1905
Paul1976
chris c
8 posters

Low carb and good news!

thinestever82
    thinestever82

Female Posts : 72

Low carb and good news! Empty Low carb and good news!

Post by thinestever82 Wed Mar 16 2016, 08:27

Hello to everyone,

yesterday, after more than 2 years I had a check to the doctor who said what I hoped to hear for long time. My Hba1c is 4,7% and he said I don't need medications anymore but he suggested to continue taking Metformin because of my problem of PCO's but on lower dosage: from 850 to 500 mg twice per day and he wants a report of my gynecologist and recheck in three months and if there will be shown no improvement of metformin on my PCO's he will take me totally off medication. I am incredibly happy!

I lost more than 74 pounds and changed my lifestyle completely into low carb eating but also added exercise that helps me to keep blood sugar low because of relieving stress effect. I have noticed through various measurements that stress in my case, is the worst poison even, even worse than sugar! This lead me to do anything to control it and I think I made it. I want to loose even more weight and to stay on low carb forever!

I must say that I led the Rosedale LCHF diet where also some supplements are required and they helped me a lot so that I will continue with this.

Yesterday I remembered how devastated I was when I heard the phrase: "You have diabetes" and I thought I would never be able to accept it or deal with it specially because of so many times that was told to me that "Diabetes cannot be reversed" and maybe they are right but with low carb I don't need my pancreas to be overloaded with activity and this for me means to be free of Diabetes and medications.

I look back and see how many times I failed and regained weigh but here, even if I eat one day few more carbs, I still don't touch sugar, white flour etc and I don't miss them either! I don't feel enchained anymore and this makes me feel finally happy with myself.

I know that you will all be able to understand what I feel right now cause I am so happy that I would be crying all the time - just to make you understand how painful for me was all that but now I finally feel the winner. mrgreen Thank you for all your support so far! sunny
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Low carb and good news! Empty Re: Low carb and good news!

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 16 2016, 16:28

thinestever82 wrote:Hello to everyone,

yesterday, after more than 2 years I had a check to the doctor who said what I hoped to hear for long time. My Hba1c is 4,7% and he said I don't need medications anymore but he suggested to continue taking Metformin because of my problem of PCO's but on lower dosage: from 850 to 500 mg twice per day and he wants a report of my gynecologist and recheck in three months and if there will be shown no improvement of metformin on my PCO's he will take me totally off medication. I am incredibly happy!

I lost more than 74 pounds and changed my lifestyle completely into low carb eating but also added exercise that helps me to keep blood sugar low because of relieving stress effect. I have noticed through various measurements that stress in my case, is the worst poison even, even worse than sugar! This lead me to do anything to control it and I think I made it. I want to loose even more weight and to stay on low carb forever!

I must say that I led the Rosedale LCHF diet where also some supplements are required and they helped me a lot so that I will continue with this.

Yesterday I remembered how devastated I was when I heard the phrase: "You have diabetes" and I thought I would never be able to accept it or deal with it specially because of so many times that was told to me that "Diabetes cannot be reversed" and maybe they are right but with low carb I don't need my pancreas to be overloaded with activity and this for me means to be free of Diabetes and medications.

I look back and see how many times I failed and regained weigh but here, even if I eat one day few more carbs, I still don't touch sugar, white flour etc and I don't miss them either! I don't feel enchained anymore and this makes me feel finally happy with myself.

I know that you will all be able to understand what I feel right now cause I am so happy that I would be crying all the time - just to make you understand how painful for me was all that but now I finally feel the winner. mrgreen  Thank you for all your support so far! sunny

How wonderful to read this, and thank you for sharing it with us.

I can sense your happiness through your words - and why not you deserve it.

Do please keep in touch on the Forum, it's always lovely to read your posts.  sunny

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Mar 16 2016, 18:59

Brilliant!

IMO "diabetes" cannot be cured, but it CAN be controlled which is exactly what you are doing!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Mar 16 2016, 19:03

I know that you will all be able to understand what I feel right now cause I am so happy that I would be crying all the time - just to make you understand how painful for me was all that but now I finally feel the winner. mrgreen  Thank you for all your support so far! sunny

clap clap clap  Thanks for sharing this all with us-Good news success stories like yours and that of others really DO make a positive difference to the LCHF for good diabetic control and weight loss campaign and each good news story pushes the out of date dietary advice campaigners further underground where they belong.

Best regards

Paul
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Mar 16 2016, 21:15

That's brilliant your hard work has paid off well done  cheers and your HbA1c is now in the non diabetic range which is something many including me can only dream of  mrgreen
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Fri Mar 18 2016, 06:54

Thank you guys for all your words! I know that all this it's just a beginning and that I will need to do many efforts in order to keep that my lifestyle all my life but I think that no matter how many challenges will I have to overcome, it will be worth it.

Thank you so much with all my heart! flower
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Mar 18 2016, 08:36

With your attitude & dedication, I'm sure any challenges that come your way will be swiftly defeated. Great story and many congratulations :-)
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Sat Mar 19 2016, 22:42

I must share this with you. I have shared my story in an Italian FB group I am part of and I was attacked of lying that is not possible to achieve that. I am speechless. Wanted to give a hint to many desperate people but these ones even don't believe in low carb. banghead banghead
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat Mar 19 2016, 23:47

thinestever82 wrote:I must share this with you. I have shared my story in an Italian FB group I am part of and I was attacked of lying that is not possible to achieve that. I am speechless. Wanted to give a hint to many desperate people but these ones even don't believe in low carb. banghead banghead

Take no notice they are probably envious of your success, hopefully some may have sat up and taken notice but maybe due to the negative attitude of those who questioned your achievement were too afraid to speak out
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Mar 20 2016, 22:17

thinestever82 wrote:I must share this with you. I have shared my story in an Italian FB group I am part of and I was attacked of lying that is not possible to achieve that. I am speechless. Wanted to give a hint to many desperate people but these ones even don't believe in low carb. banghead banghead
    Sadly typical, especially for doctors, nurses and dieticians. Word IS getting out on more and more blogs and forums and especially among researchers, but as success stories become ever more common so there is a big backlash among The Authorities and the types of people who believe them.
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Male Posts : 98

Post by Wobblycogs Mon May 30 2016, 11:16

Absolutely Fabulous news! Long may you continue.  I am still gazing  longingly at trousers I can't quite get into!

Good Luck
    Wobbly Very Happy

PS. Chris... I wouldn't say diabetes can't be cured. Maybe at the moment there is no cure for it. As long as 'conventional wisdom' holds the main-sway, there never will be. Diabetes (and Hypertension) are two conditions, which  can be managed safely with drugs. Whilst this state of affairs holds, the two conditions are a cash-cow for 'Big Pharma!' Why should they bother to kill off their fatted-calf?

The sooner the meanderings of Ancel Keys are consigned to the history books the better. When the Medical Establishment accept that we shouldn't eat starches and sugars quite so much, there will be a lot of weight related diseases and conditions that can be avoided. Maybe in a hundred years or so? We can but hope.

Last edited by Wobblycogs on Mon May 30 2016, 11:30; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : PS.)
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Jun 01 2016, 21:44

I'm leery about using the word "cure" because some doctors etc. are pronouncing their patients "cured" when they reach an A1c below 6% - or claiming they were "never diabetic".

You can do a LOT to avoid the consequences of a broken metabolism and normalise many factors, but whether you can unbreak the metabolism to the extent you can return to eating polyunsaturated yin and starches is another story entirely.

I can eat a lot more carbs than I used to, but I still can't eat as many as I'm SUPPOSED to. (Nor can a lot of "well" people). I suppose it depends where you draw the line.

Agree with everything else you wrote though, and welcome back!
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Wed Jul 06 2016, 10:51

Hello to all!

This week I had another checkup and finally I am officially off the meds. The feeling is great but mentally I feel somehow insecure cause I felt a bit more calm with the meds so I will need to readjust myself to it and focus only on a new chapter of my life. In the last three months I have lost hair a lot but my TSH, T3 and T4 are completely normal which is a great success for me. However, I still have quite a lot of issue with PCOS and I will need to focus on that in order to find a solution for it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with all of you cause I know that you can understand me very well!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Jul 06 2016, 12:21

thinestever82 wrote:Hello to all!

This week I had another checkup and finally I am officially off the meds. The feeling is great but mentally I feel somehow insecure cause I felt a bit more calm with the meds so I will need to readjust myself to it and focus only on a  new chapter of my life. In the last three months I have lost hair a lot but my TSH, T3 and T4 are completely normal which is a great success for me. However, I still have quite a lot of issue with PCOS and I will need to focus on that in order to find a solution for it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with all of you cause I know that you can understand me very well!

Hello ... and happy July wishes sunny

Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your news - pleased to hear that you are off the meds.
    Just take things slowly, and continue the good work you have been doing.

PCOS does and can cause "a lot of issue" - there are many articles available on the web which I'm sure you will be able to find. You have been so patient and focused these past months and I'm sure you will remain so. This is just one article, with references, you may find helpful ... but there are many more.
    http://www.lowcarbdietitian.com/blog/category/pcos

My good wishes

All the best Jan.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Jul 06 2016, 17:24

Very well done thinestever off all the meds and holding safe numbers. Keep up the good work and the very best of health and luck to you and yours.

Kind regards Eddie
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Jul 06 2016, 22:11

thinestever82 wrote:Hello to all!

This week I had another checkup and finally I am officially off the meds. The feeling is great but mentally I feel somehow insecure cause I felt a bit more calm with the meds so I will need to readjust myself to it and focus only on a  new chapter of my life. In the last three months I have lost hair a lot but my TSH, T3 and T4 are completely normal which is a great success for me. However, I still have quite a lot of issue with PCOS and I will need to focus on that in order to find a solution for it.

Hi, thanks for sharing and well done for getting off the meds and normalising you thyroid function, I'm sure you will get over the insecurity given time

As Jan pointed out Franziska the Low Carb Dietitian is an excellent resource re your PCOS have a read you should find it useful

Keep us updated

Graham

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 22:02