THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

How Drug Companies Attempt to Brainwash Your Family Doctor

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

How Drug Companies Attempt to Brainwash Your Family Doctor Empty How Drug Companies Attempt to Brainwash Your Family Doctor

Post by Jan1 Mon Feb 22 2016, 19:27

How Drug Companies Attempt to Brainwash Your Family Doctor Dinnermeeting

Here’s a good article about how the education of family doctors is often taken care of by drug companies:

The Star: Drug Companies Wine and Dine Family Physicians
    http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/02/16/drug-companies-wine-and-dine-family-physicians.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Not that any family doctor wants or expects to become corrupted. But don’t be surprised when you’re offered a life-long prescription of dubious benefit after a 5-minute consultation with your doctor. It’s just how the system works. Advertising works.

I’ve been to many, many of these lunches and dinners myself during the last 16 years. Eventually they started to leave such a foul taste in my mouth that I stopped going. Except for once in a while to study the method and the shameless bias.

I feel that drug companies should not be allowed to do any sort of “education” of doctors, ever. It’s seriously less like education and more like brainwashing. Doctors who can’t see it are doubly deceived, unfortunately.

Article From Diet Doctor Here
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/drug-companies-wine-and-dine-family-physicians
    ... it's also interesting to read the comments

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 17:43