THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
Jan1
Derek
Sharon
mo1905
Paul1976
Andy12345
10 posters

Have a Chat

chris c
    chris c

Have a Chat - Page 12 Empty Re: Have a Chat

Post by chris c Sun Jun 25 2017, 00:06

Also in several other countries . . .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Jun 26 2017, 20:05

Isn't this food delicious ...

Have a Chat - Page 12 GettyImages-479831676-800x533

Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jun 28 2017, 17:37

Taekwondo is not a sport I've ever tried - have you?

But credit and many congratulations to Bianca Walkden, who has become the first British fighter to successfully defend a World Taekwondo Championships title.

The heavyweight, 25, beat USA's Jackie Galloway 14-4 in the +73kg category to seal victory in South Korea on Wednesday, which follows her maiden world gold in Russia in 2015.

"To be honest it hasn't sunk in, I'm just so happy," she told BBC Sport following her second world title.

Mahama Cho progressed to the men's heavyweight semi-finals to secure at least a bronze for Great Britain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/taekwondo/40428001?foo=bar&

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jun 29 2017, 18:12

affraid It will be July 1st this Saturday.

Where is the year going to Question

Not long until Wimbledon starts on 3rd July Smile
    http://www.wimbledon.com/index.html

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Jun 29 2017, 22:45

A friend's daughters took up Taekwondo. Seems to work for them.

DON'T tell my mother's spirit but I didn't wait until Wimbledon for my first strawberries, they are in the fridge right now (Elsanta yum!) and I suspect by tomorrow there will be fewer of them. Just an inspired guess . . .
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Jun 29 2017, 23:27

chris c wrote:A friend's daughters took up Taekwondo. Seems to work for them.

DON'T tell my mother's spirit but I didn't wait until Wimbledon for my first strawberries, they are in the fridge right now (Elsanta yum!) and I suspect by tomorrow there will be fewer of them. Just an inspired guess . . .

I've been eating strawberries all year round though British are far superior some varieties from Spain but not all are quite tasty, I have observed that prices for British strawberries have dropped this year which suggests a bumper harvest  Cool
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Jun 30 2017, 14:04

Talking strawberries ... yes Elsanta are delicious.
    This is such a fantastic time of year for looking in the fridge and seeing those delicious fruits.
    I did manage to get some Cornish Clotted Cream to go with them too ... after my disappointment the other day - the shelves had been replenished Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 01 2017, 12:08

Happy 1st of July

Have a Chat - Page 12 Photos%2Bof%2Bflower%2Bon%2Bvalentine%2Bin%2Bdark%2Bred%2Bglass%2Bvase

I think it's Canada Day today and of course soon to be the US Independence Day on 4th July

some folks may be celebrating birthdays this month ...

so to those that are reading this
    whoever you are, and wherever you are - have a great month

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jul 02 2017, 22:38

IMO strawberries improve in quality and especially flavour the less distance they have to travel.

Just like asparagus.

I topped up my supplies of Gloucester Old Spot sausages in the farm shop along with some cold turkey and smoked ham, and spotted some asparagus - after I thought the season had closed.

"It's from Peru"

"Oh that's OK, I'll cook and eat it upside down"

Not as good as the local stuff but not as bad as I feared.

The beautiful Thai lady came out from behind the counter and bent over one of the freezers, which made a happy man feel very old. Actually they are all a good looking and healthy bunch, the butcher resembles Kurt Lass and the other woman looks about twenty years younger than she is, no doubt they eat their own products.

"Fit as a butcher's dog" comes to mind, to tie in with another thread.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jul 10 2017, 20:45

Have a Chat - Page 12 OandApainting

This photo of two of the grandchildren was taken a while back ...
    They have both always enjoyed painting and drawing.

Well fast forward to 2017 and our grand-daughter has just won first prize in a school art competition, and her design will feature on the front of the school summer fayre magazine.

Yes we are proud of her  sunny

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jul 10 2017, 23:58

Wow, well done!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jul 13 2017, 17:19

FOOD WARNING

Tesco Issues Urgent Recall Chicken Salads After Campylobacter Discovery
    If you have bought these, do not eat them.

Tesco has urgently recalled two of its popular chicken salads after the discovery of a germ that causes fever, diarrhoea and cramps.
    The supermarket said customers must not eat the products, a 160g Chicken Salad and a 315g Chicken, Broccoli, Almond and Cashew Nut Salad, both dated between 12/07/2017 and 13/07/2017.
    The Food Standards Agency said the recall was taken due to the presence of the germ Campylobacter in the products.

“The usual symptoms caused by Campylobacter are fever, diarrhoea and abdominal cramps,” it said.
    The agency added: “If you have bought any of the above products do not eat them. Instead, return it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund.”
    Tesco said: “We have been made aware by our supplier that they have detected campylobacter in a small number of products. Tesco is recalling the affected products as a precaution.”

Story from here:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tesco-recall-chicken-salad_uk_59671e97e4b0d51cda60182b

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Jul 13 2017, 22:24

Oh not good. I have a suspicion, based on how long after eating it took effect, that campylobacter was behind an attack of food poisoning I had, many years ago, when stuff was coming out of both ends simultaneously. You do NOT want that happening, trust me on this one!

Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I had anything even remotely resembling food poisoning. Certainly not since we moved here and I started low carbing. The worst has been attacks by wheat.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 29 2017, 13:29

Where does the time go?

I see the last post on this thread was made on 13th July and now it's the 29th !!

I have to ask myself (and readers) where does the time go?

These past few weeks I have been out and about visiting friends, family and just generally 'doing stuff' as one family member calls it. LOL!

My time around the Forum and blogs has been more sporadic as 'doing stuff' can be quite time consuming but is usually very rewarding because it does mean you get 'stuff' done. This has involved helping out family members with hospital visits,  to sitting in garden pubs enjoying a glass of wine and a chat ... with someone else driving of course!

So here we are nearly at the end of July, and I for one have been pleased to enjoy cooler temperatures than those many of us experienced earlier in the month.

One very important item on the shopping list later... some more of our wonderful British strawberries, haven't they be good ... ooh yes, and a nice carton of double cream sunny

Happy Weekend everyone

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 05 2017, 13:25

Yes it really is me Smile

Don't you just love it when blogger or Forum suddenly ask you to verify it's you, then try as you might they don't always believe you Shocked

Just been trying to post here on another thread and couldn't Evil or Very Mad

Wonder if this will come through ok?

Happy Saturday

All the best Jan

Post edit ... it did Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Aug 06 2017, 17:14

Have a Chat - Page 12 Summerflowersinvase

Always nice to see flowers to brighten up a day

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Aug 06 2017, 23:08

I was invited to a neighbours barbecue last night around 120 people attended there was live music plenty of food and drinks all was going well until  bitenails  bitenails bitenails 

I missed a step and came a cropper  Sad blood pouring out of my head, fortunately one of the neighbours is a nurse and did her best to stem the flow and after assessing the cut she decided to call for an ambulance the paramedics said I needed to go to A&E, at around 1.30 am I saw the triage nurse and she said because it was a head injury I would need to see a doctor, on top of that I noticed the sleeve in my sweater was full of blood I found out I'd also had scraped the skin right down the outside of my arm anyway the nurse said I would need the cut in my head gluing and the flaps of skin on my arm fastened down with steristrips. By 2.00 am I'd been assessed and was taken back to the waiting room now I know it was Saturday night and I expected a long wait but it was not till 7.00 am when I finally saw the doctor who gave me a thorough examination fortunately I'd not suffered concussion or that would have meant a longer stay. Then due to staff changeover I had another wait for a nurse to treat my wounds I was finally discharged at 8.45  Smile 

Whilst the wait was a pain I have nothing but praise for those NHS staff from the paramedics who even checked my BG 6.2 right through to the nurse who treated my injuries

PS I know what your thinking but no I was not drunk  Evil or Very Mad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Aug 07 2017, 12:23

graham64 wrote:I was invited to a neighbours barbecue last night around 120 people attended there was live music plenty of food and drinks all was going well until  bitenails  bitenails bitenails 

I missed a step and came a cropper  Sad blood pouring out of my head, fortunately one of the neighbours is a nurse and did her best to stem the flow and after assessing the cut she decided to call for an ambulance the paramedics said I needed to go to A&E, at around 1.30 am I saw the triage nurse and she said because it was a head injury I would need to see a doctor, on top of that I noticed the sleeve in my sweater was full of blood I found out I'd also had scraped the skin right down the outside of my arm anyway the nurse said I would need the cut in my head gluing and the flaps of skin on my arm fastened down with steristrips. By 2.00 am I'd been assessed and was taken back to the waiting room now I know it was Saturday night and I expected a long wait but it was not till 7.00 am when I finally saw the doctor who gave me a thorough examination fortunately I'd not suffered concussion or that would have meant a longer stay. Then due to staff changeover I had another wait for a nurse to treat my wounds I was finally discharged at 8.45  Smile 

Whilst the wait was a pain I have nothing but praise for those NHS staff from the paramedics who even checked my BG 6.2 right through to the nurse who treated my injuries

So sorry to read this Graham, hope all heals well and quickly.
    Certainly not the place to spend a Saturday Night but glad all went well at the hospital.

I do agree with you about the NHS staff and paramedics my experience of them has always been good.
    Long live the NHS Smile

Get well and heal soon.

Instead of grapes I'm sending these raspberries and blueberries ...

Have a Chat - Page 12 Raspberries-blueberries

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Aug 07 2017, 18:14

graham64 wrote:I was invited to a neighbours barbecue last night around 120 people attended there was live music plenty of food and drinks all was going well until  bitenails  bitenails bitenails 

"PS I know what your thinking but no I was not drunk"

I never cease to wonder at the strokes you pull getting out of buying a round of drinks. Old habits die hard eh mate, even when the booze is free. affraid

Seriously, glad you are OK and as usual (the much maligned by the media NHS) does a sterling job in patching you up. thumb-up
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Aug 07 2017, 22:20

Eddie wrote:

"PS I know what your thinking but no I was not drunk"

I never cease to wonder at the strokes you pull getting out of buying a round of drinks. Old habits die hard eh mate, even when the booze is free. affraid

Seriously, glad you are OK and as usual (the much maligned by the media NHS) does a sterling job in patching you up. thumb-up  

Yes the the staff did a great job and are under extra pressure due to my local A&E being closed of a night and only operating for 12 hours a day
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Aug 07 2017, 22:34

Jan1 wrote:

So sorry to read this Graham, hope all heals well and quickly.
    Certainly not the place to spend a Saturday Night but glad all went well at the hospital.

I do agree with you about the NHS staff and paramedics my experience of them has always been good.
    Long live the NHS Smile

Get well and heal soon.

Instead of grapes I'm sending these raspberries and blueberries ...

Have a Chat - Page 12 Raspberries-blueberries

All the best Jan

Thanks Jan, it was a pity I could not stay at the party it was a good do I did not know many of the people there apart from the neighbours but I was enjoying getting to know some of them, there was two I did recognise though Dave Spikey from Phoenix nights and Ken Morley aka Reg Holdsworth from Coronation street

Keep getting visits from the neighbours checking I'm ok the guy who threw the party has been this afternoon and gave me a couple of cans of Guinness Surprised
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Aug 08 2017, 01:20

Aaargh! Sympathies!

I managed to get my foot stuck in a bucket a while back and go arse over tit into a rose bush but apart from my pride and a few little pricks - at my age I'm used to that - not too much damage.

More recently I had to haul someone out if a ditch at Minsmere - he toppled off a walkway into the mire. Again fortunately no lasting damage apart from bruises and scrapes, but both events made me realise how easy it is to come a cropper.
    Let's be careful out there! - and hope the NHS remains a little while longer. That little lot in the US would probably bankrupt you if they could pin it on a "pre-existing condition"

Have a Chat - Page 12 Cydxwb10

Have a Chat - Page 12 Dacnod10
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Aug 08 2017, 22:14

It could have been far worse Chris, just think If I had been concussed would have been admitted and the consequences would be dire  Shocked cos I would have been fed dietitian approved menu  bitenails

Have a Chat - Page 12 Z
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Aug 11 2017, 23:35

Yes I think I'll see if I can't get a DNR order, it'll be a quicker and less unpleasant death than going to hospital.

Hopefully no lasting damage. I remembered long ago I clunked my head on the car boot and cut my scalp. In no time flat I looked like a victim from a slasher movie but the cut was actually tiny and healed up quickly with no treatment. I concluded that the scalp actually contains more blood than the entire rest of the body.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 12 2017, 19:53

The weather was a little inclement earlier in the week, so as well as outside fun and games these two grandchildren enjoyed some indoor ones to. They've also had a visit to the Zoo ... luckily the sun shone that day  sunny

Have a Chat - Page 12 ArcadeFunOA

I always used to enjoy the penny machines at beachside arcades, and roll a penny was fun too.
    Those were the days ...

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 01:27