The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Have a Chat

graham64

Male Posts : 2994

Re: Have a Chat

Post by graham64 on Tue Feb 16 2016, 21:36

Problem is if caught the culprits will most likely get away with a slap on the wrist, this is by no means an isolated case of vulnerable people being targeted by scumbags they should receive a custodial sentence

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    Jan1

Female Posts : 4151

Post by Jan1 on Wed Feb 17 2016, 19:12

What sort of day have YOU had?

Just wondered ...  Smile

Mine's been pretty good - done a little paperwork - always a little boring but great when it's done

All the best Jan
    chris c

Post by chris c on Thu Feb 18 2016, 20:27

graham64 wrote:Paccar it would seem going by my daughters experience are a decent company to work for, they've invested a lot of money at Leyland Trucks
    Just so long as they don't employ people the likes of Michael Edwardes, or not a few ex-Leyland managers and directors I had the misfortune to meet, and sometimes work for, elsewhere.
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Thu Feb 18 2016, 22:17

chris c wrote:
    graham64 wrote:Paccar it would seem going by my daughters experience are a decent company to work for, they've invested a lot of money at Leyland Trucks
    Just so long as they don't employ people the likes of Michael Edwardes, or not a few ex-Leyland managers and directors I had the misfortune to meet, and sometimes work for, elsewhere.

They've long gone Chris, some of the good design engineers and fitters are still employed though many are approaching retirement age

chris c

Post by chris c on Fri Feb 19 2016, 23:31

The Lions Led By Donkeys syndrome writ large Sad

Now to be found in the NHS . . .
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Thu Feb 25 2016, 18:56

Wow what a popular train ... and with good reason I think.

I've always liked steam train rides, well any train ride ... and I still have a good excuse to be a big kid - because I get to go on them with the grandchildren !!!

But wasn't this a sight to see as thousands did try to and got the train delayed LOL!

Dozens of steam enthusiasts disrupted the inaugural run of Flying Scotsman after its decade-long, £4.2 million refit by standing on the track to take photographs.
    Passengers said the famous locomotive came to a "shuddering stop" near St Neots, Cambridgeshire, and Virgin Trains East Coast warned that other services were being delayed by up to 15 minutes due to photographers on the track.

Read more here
    http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/02/25/flying-scotsman-journey-disrupted-by-photographers-on-track/
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1637

Post by Andy12345 on Thu Feb 25 2016, 19:11

In August we went on Hogwarts Express, Universal Studios, I've got a great video of it pulling into the station, it looked amazing, I know the real things are better but was very cool anyway
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Thu Feb 25 2016, 22:08

Andy12345 wrote:In August we went on Hogwarts Express, Universal Studios, I've got a great video of it pulling into the station, it looked amazing, I know the real things are better but was very cool anyway

I've watched the Harry Potter films although they are aimed at children I did enjoy them  Very Happy

Fancy a game of Quidditch Andy  Question

Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Sat Feb 27 2016, 08:40

Whatever you have planned today - I hope you

All the best Jan
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 on Sat Feb 27 2016, 09:56

graham64 wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:In August we went on Hogwarts Express, Universal Studios, I've got a great video of it pulling into the station, it looked amazing, I know the real things are better but was very cool anyway

I've watched the Harry Potter films although they are aimed at children I did enjoy them  Very Happy

Fancy a game of Quidditch Andy  Question

hehe sure Smile

not a huge harry potter fan but its very cool there
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 on Sat Feb 27 2016, 09:56

Jan1 wrote:
    Whatever you have planned today - I hope you

All the best Jan

Thankyou Jan, You too Smile
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Sun Feb 28 2016, 11:42

The photo above is of Grumpy Gertie and she lived on the ponds of Sandon for 11 years

Until this happened recently

Two members of the public have offered a reward of £275,000 to catch the killers of a goose that was shot dead in the Hertfordshire village of Sandon.

Peter Hunt, from Sussex, contacted BBC's Jeremy Vine Show to offer a £250,000 reward, before John Barker, from Cambridge, pledged £25,000.

The white goose, known as Grumpy Gertie, was so famous in Sandon that he featured on the village's sign.

He was found shot dead in the village pond on Sunday, with reports that Gertie was gunned down by a gang in a 4x4.

Villagers spoke of the bird often spotted "standing guard" in a disused phone box.

Gay Ayton, who has lived in the village for 20 years, told the Hertfordshire Mercury: "It's really shocking. A lot of the villagers are feeling very sad – even though he was cursed as sometimes you couldn't post a letter without a stick.

"It's spineless and so irritating. We've always had a goose. He is very protective of the ducklings."

A Whopping £275k has been offered to find killers of village's beloved goose

Story from here
    http://travel.aol.co.uk/2016/02/27/275k-reward-offered-find-killers-goose-sandon-village/

N.B. I've copied the story but I think Sandon is in Essex and not Hertfordshire ...
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Mon Feb 29 2016, 12:06

Well he finally has one ... and I'm sure it will look great on his mantelpiece!

Oscars 2016: Leonardo DiCaprio Wins Best Actor Oscar For 'The Revanant' On His Sixth Nomination

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/28/leonardo-dicaprio_n_9345300.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cukt2%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D434745

All the best Jan
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Tue Mar 01 2016, 16:31

1st March 2016
    Happy St David's Day

Saint David's Day
    Official name Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Sant
    Observed by Wales
    Welsh people
    Welsh diaspora
    Type National day in Wales.
    Celebrations Children take part in eisteddfodau
    Observances Parades
    Wearing Welsh emblems
    Date 1 March
    Next time 1 March 2016
    Frequency annual

The above details taken from Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_David%27s_Day

But if you may be celebrating St Davids Day
    Hope you've had a good one ...

All the best Jan
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2433

Post by Paul1976 on Tue Mar 01 2016, 16:36

Jan1 wrote:Well he finally has one ... and I'm sure it will look great on his mantelpiece!

Oscars 2016: Leonardo DiCaprio Wins Best Actor Oscar For 'The Revanant' On His Sixth Nomination

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/28/leonardo-dicaprio_n_9345300.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cukt2%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D434745

All the best Jan

Hi Jan!

Don't know if it's just me but I reckon Leonardo has a strong resemblance to a young Jack Nicholson in that piccy-Think it must be the expression he's pulling...Anyone else see it? Smile

Post by Jan1 on Tue Mar 01 2016, 17:29

Paul1976 wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:Well he finally has one ... and I'm sure it will look great on his mantelpiece!

All the best Jan

Hi Jan!

Don't know if it's just me but I reckon Leonardo has a strong resemblance to a young Jack Nicholson in that piccy-Think it must be the expression he's pulling...Anyone else see it? Smile

Yes ... I think you're right Paul ... don't know if others may agree?

They are both huge stars and have appeared in so many good films Smile

I've not yet seen 'The Revanant.'

All the best Jan
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Thu Mar 03 2016, 17:54

We've just had a little time with family ... managing to see both young and old ... I'm sure my Dear Dad will not mind me saying that, he is in his 91st year!
    But the younger members were magic, they always are! The in-betweeners were pretty cool too LOL!

I know I'm daft  sunny

But very happy  Very Happy

Eddie

Male Posts : 3756

Post by Eddie on Thu Mar 03 2016, 21:23

Lucky all my life. I don't know why and I probably never will, but I have been a magnet for the best people that walk this earth. Maybe more accurately, they have been a magnet to me. Yeah, that is the case. I can spot a winner from a long way off. I have been married twice, the first marriage lasted over twenty years, and produced the three children. Other than Jan, my first wife is my best friend in this world. I was divorced 5 years before I met Jan, so no grief between Jan and my first wife, they are great friends. With Jan, I inherited three more kids, and now we have five grandchildren.  

Nothing comes close to kids, and I lived with kids for forty-seven years of my life. This morning one of my grandsons, a son of one my inherited three sons, said to me "I love you granddad" that means everything to me, my life was worthwhile.

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Thu Mar 03 2016, 22:46

Trouble with grandkids is they grow up to quick, it only seems like yesterday I was fastening them into to the baby seats in the car later to  move on to booster seats.

Now at the ages of 11, 12 and 14 I have a rules: Pile in belt up and shut up alas they only comply with the first two  Rolling Eyes

Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:11

As Graham said above ... "Pile in belt up and shut up"

Well I guess the most important one is 'belt up' and even in this day and age you still see some mums and dads driving around with kids who are not wearing set belts affraid

All the best Jan
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Fri Mar 04 2016, 21:19

Jan1 wrote:As Graham said above ... "Pile in belt up and shut up"

Well I guess the most important one is 'belt up' and even in this day and age you still see some mums and dads driving around with kids who are not wearing set belts affraid

All the best Jan

I have seen parent's on mobiles on the school run with a car full of kids  Evil or Very Mad

Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Sat Mar 05 2016, 11:23

graham64 wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:As Graham said above ... "Pile in belt up and shut up"

All the best Jan

I have seen parent's on mobiles on the school run with a car full of kids  Evil or Very Mad

Yes ... this is so incredible to see. It begs the question 'don't they care about their children?'

So many flout this ruling. I bet most of us have seen people driving and using a mobile phone?
    The fact is, it only takes a second with the driver not concentrating and something quite awful can happen Evil or Very Mad  

Jan
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2303

Post by mo1905 on Sat Mar 05 2016, 11:27

I don't miss the little surprises like a half eaten sticky sweet hidden down the sides of the seats though !

Post by Andy12345 on Sat Mar 05 2016, 21:57

Jan1 wrote:We've just had a little time with family ... managing to see both young and old ... I'm sure my Dear Dad will not mind me saying that, he is in his 91st year!
    But the younger members were magic, they always are! The in-betweeners were pretty cool too LOL!

I know I'm daft  sunny

But very happy  Very Happy

Lovely Pic Jan Smile
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Sun Mar 06 2016, 11:42

Many thanks Andy ... I've just had a lovely Mothers Day phone call from them too!

6th March 2016 is Mother's Day in the UK

Which leads me on to say ... to mum's everywhere have a lovely day sunny

All the best Jan

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26 2017, 15:35