THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Veggie hamburgers

thinestever82
    thinestever82

Female Posts : 72

Veggie hamburgers Empty Veggie hamburgers

Post by thinestever82 Tue Feb 09 2016, 00:00

Veggie hamburgers 3

Veggie hamburgers 0

I tried this recipe and it is very good. You need:

- 500 gr of zucchini
    - 1 onion
    - clove of garlic
    - 1 tbs cream cheese
    - a bit of parmesan
    - 1 egg
    - bran (you can also use same chopped was a 22 or 24 or some whole grain brad)
    - parsley
    - salt and pepper

1.You need to grate zucchini and put over some salt. Let them rest for about 10 minutes and there will come water of it. You need to drain it out.
    2. Then, to the bowl with grated and drained zucchini, you add a fine chopped onion and garlic, cream cheese, parmesan, egg, fine chopped parsley and pepper. Mix well, better with hand.
    3. Add bran till the mixture is nice enough to make some hamburgers with hand. Let them rest for about 10-15 minutes.
    4. Preheat the oven on 200 celsius degrees. Make hamburgers with hand and put them on a baking surface with some parchment paper. Bake for 20-30 minutes till they turn at least yellow or if you want to have a more crispy texture, till lightly brown.

Besides it I made a sauce with saure cream, tamari sauce and some mustard and it was delicious. Hope you will enjoy!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Veggie hamburgers Empty Re: Veggie hamburgers

Post by Paul1976 Tue Feb 09 2016, 00:14

Sounds great! Thankyou for posting! thumb-up

Cheers

Paul
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Tue Feb 09 2016, 14:04

thinestever82 wrote:
    Veggie hamburgers 3

Veggie hamburgers 0

I tried this recipe and it is very good. You need:

- 500 gr of zucchini
    - 1 onion
    - clove of garlic
    - 1 tbs cream cheese
    - a bit of parmesan
    - 1 egg
    - bran (you can also use same chopped was a 22 or 24 or some whole grain brad)
    - parsley
    - salt and pepper

1.You need to grate zucchini and put over some salt. Let them rest for about 10 minutes and there will come water of it. You need to drain it out.
    2. Then, to the bowl with grated and drained zucchini, you add a fine chopped onion and garlic, cream cheese, parmesan, egg, fine chopped parsley and pepper. Mix well, better with hand.
    3. Add bran till the mixture is nice enough to make some hamburgers with hand. Let them rest for about 10-15 minutes.
    4. Preheat the oven on 200 celsius degrees. Make hamburgers with hand and put them on a baking surface with some parchment paper. Bake for 20-30 minutes till they turn at least yellow or if you want to have a more crispy texture, till lightly brown.

Besides it I made a sauce with saure cream, tamari sauce and some mustard and it was delicious. Hope you will enjoy!

Many thanks for sharing this ... burgers do not have to be meaty ones.
    Just wondered how many burgers does the recipe make please?

Thanks  sunny

All the best Jan
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Wed Feb 10 2016, 00:56

I made a double batch and I made quite small ones. I got about 20 of them!

Sorry for the pictures. Wanted to post my own but it didn't work.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Feb 10 2016, 14:37

thinestever82 wrote:I made a double batch and I made quite small ones. I got about 20 of them!

Sorry for the pictures. Wanted to post my own but it didn't work.

Don't worry about the pictures ...
    Twenty was a good number - thanks.

I wonder if you could make a veggie type of meatball a veggie ball?
    There's probably recipes available ... somewhere!

All the best Jan
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Sat Feb 20 2016, 00:22

Hi Jan,

sorry for the late response. I think that for making the meatball style, the final dough should be solid enough in order to roll it in a pan and with this recipe it is still too runny. To obtain this effect there should be some bread too I guess.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Feb 20 2016, 17:53

thinestever82 wrote:Hi Jan,

sorry for the late response. I think that for making the meatball style, the final dough should be solid enough in order to roll it in a pan and with this recipe it is still too runny. To obtain this effect there should be some bread too I guess.

Don't worry about the late response ... sometimes posts tend to get hidden as other posts / articles appear ...

Yes .. I agree you wouldn't want too runny a mix .. not sure about adding bread though.  

I did recently come across this recipe idea for 'Veggie Meatballs with Tomato'
    However it is 24g carb per serving that may be too high for some diabetics. I've always liked red kidney beans ... especially in a Chilli Con Carne

See what you think ...
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/veggie-meatballs-tomato-courgetti

As the recipe is using courgettes for noodles - I thought of Andy and his spiralizer
    https://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t161p300-what-did-you-have-for-dinner-tonight

Veggie hamburgers Meatballs_1

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Feb 20 2016, 17:58

I have often considered becoming vegetarian, the only thing stopping me is the effort it would take, I was thinking about it just earlier today, things like this recipe make it seem possible but meat is such a huge part of my current diet, it just dosent sit right with me killing these poor defenceless creatures, I think I'm may be too lazy to ever take the plunge though
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Feb 20 2016, 18:55

I went vegetarian decades ago, for a while. Then I realised the Big Picture - there's a whole lot of land where you simply can't grow stuff except grass and wild plants which you can graze with animals and game, cereal farming especially relies on HUGE inputs of diesel, fertiliser and pesticides, and slaughters countless "pests" and other wildlife in the process, and many of our arable farmers rely to the livestock guys to buy their straw and sell them manure back.

Much vegetarian food relies on grains and things like soy which are iffy at best. So I eat a lot of veggies but dilute them with meat.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Feb 20 2016, 19:03

but that can't excuse killing defenceless creatures can it? i know it may be our nature to eat them and we have done so for a zillion years, but as a race we are progressing? i think that progression should include not hurting other things, that also includes the insects lol, i am mixed up on the whole subject, i am sure your right, it just seems wrong to hurt
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Feb 20 2016, 19:07

They're going to die anyway, often quite horribly. Best to honour their life and their death and make use of them. 

A farmer's wife was combining rape when the combine started to malfunction. She rang her husband to come out because she couldn't reset it. He found the entire works was literally gummed up with the corpses of hordes of slugs and snails: they had to take it back to the yard and steam clean it. This is where your margarine comes from.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 10:38