THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

DUK at best highly negligent and at worst criminal.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DUK at best highly negligent and at worst criminal. Empty DUK at best highly negligent and at worst criminal.

Post by Eddie Thu Jan 21 2016, 17:51

Over at the great website DietDoctor owned by Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt I left a comment yesterday. Please see below. This was in response to Andreas highlighting the abysmally poor recipe's placed on the DiabetesUK website, that's the charity not the forum of flog.

Check out the DietDoctor post at the link below.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/diabetes-uk-top-recipes-cakes-brownies

My comment.

In my opinion, DUK are one of the prime reasons the type two diabetes epidemic has come about, and will continue to increase. DUK is also one of the reasons the NHS audited statistics show no improvement year after year, regarding diabetic HbA1c numbers. They must know full well, that sugar and highly processed starchy carbs have no place in a healthy diet for anyone, let alone for diabetics. The $64,000 question must be, why they continue to promote a dangerous diet. The answer is simple, more sugar and more high starch food leads to higher blood glucose numbers for diabetics, and it is a fact, most if not all, will require medication, in an attempt to bring highly dangerous blood glucose numbers under control. Just what the DUK main sponsors want.

The internet is awash with scientific papers and countless testimonies from diabetics who have found the correct diet has been their salvation. The correct diet for a diabetic is a whole fresh food lifestyle, eliminating sugar completely and minimising carbs that bring about elevated BG numbers. Type one diabetics often report following the correct diet, insulin use is drastically reduced, often down to a third of previous requirements. Many type two diabetics report zero requirements for medication, once again, following the correct diet.

It must be beyond all doubt DUK know this. The fact is, the DUK dietary recommendations guarantee higher blood glucose numbers for almost all diabetics, who in turn require more medication, from their main sponsors, big pharma companies. It is my opinion, and that of many others, DUK are not fit for purpose. They are at best highly negligent and at worst criminal.
    Derek
    Derek

DUK at best highly negligent and at worst criminal. Empty Re: DUK at best highly negligent and at worst criminal.

Post by Derek Thu Jan 21 2016, 18:30

Must be where our diabetic nurse gets her info from! She told me chips were low carb! Smile
    regards
    Derek
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

DUK at best highly negligent and at worst criminal. Empty Re: DUK at best highly negligent and at worst criminal.

Post by Paul1976 Thu Jan 21 2016, 18:36

Derek wrote:Must be where our diabetic nurse gets her info from! She told me chips were low carb! Smile
    regards
    Derek

I'm hoping in an ideal world she meant Celeriac chips but no hope of that as all the DN's I've met push spuds as being a necessary part of a balanced diet! (Sigh)
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Jan 21 2016, 22:30

DUK is still obsessed with cutting fat and seem oblivious of the the effects of the carb heavy diet on blood sugars, they are responsible in a large part for the soaring costs of diabetes medications for the NHS.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 22 2016, 13:28

One day people will look back in disbelief, when they see the kind of high sugar junk food DUK has been encouraging diabetics to eat for years. Only in a world this corrupt would a health charity recommend food that no one needs, let alone a diabetic.

From their site.

"Written by chefs and clinical advisor's at Diabetes UK using current scientific-based evidence."

Yes, scientifically proven to keep BG going up and requiring lots of medication to get BG down.

They also say that….

"Did you know that there’s actually no such thing as a diabetic recipe? If you have diabetes, you can eat the healthy foods everyone else eats… our recipe finder is full of over 300 nutritious, quick and simple recipes you can make at home. All have been tested and cooked by a chef and nutritionally analysed by a registered dietitian."

So, the chef tested his cakes and a dietitian analysed this gruel. That's like getting the Medellín Drug Cartel to give a stamp of quality control on a bag of coke they have sold you. I wonder if the chef was a diabetic, or whose payroll the dietitian is on.

Some of the cake recipes contain

Apple and cinnamon cake (made with wheat flour, 33.5 grams of carbs and 19.4 grams of sugar PER SLICE

Chocolate brownies (containing chocolate, maple syrup i.e. sugar and wheat flour)

Pear and almond tray bake (containing sugar and wheat flour)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Jan 22 2016, 13:35

Who can forget the DUK Potato Pizza too! I thought they were joking...They weren't!!! It's a shame no-one from DUK has joined this forum so they can answer the issues raised. Exclamation
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 22 2016, 13:47

What a splendid idea Paul. if a DUK member of staff joined our forum, they could defend their gruesome recipe's. They could tell us why in a time healthcare professionals and Governments all over the world, are looking at sugar in the same light as tobacco. Meanwhile they are pushing foods that requires much more expensive medication. And all this in a time the NHS is collapsing under ever increasing costs and budget restrictions.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jan 23 2016, 23:24

Have you SEEN the size of their chef? She gives our obese doctor a run for her money. Yet still they fail to connect the dots.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 14:22