THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
chris c
graham64
6 posters

DCUK Moderator nominations

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

DCUK Moderator nominations - Page 2 Empty Re: DCUK Moderator nominations

Post by Andy12345 Sun Jan 24 2016, 22:13

i don't need to know what vociferous means to know who you mean, they will be choosing the new mods, very democratic
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 24 2016, 22:20

Is this the next step having to submit posts to mods for approval before posting  Shocked

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Jan 25 2016, 15:48

The only way this would be fair is if the existing moderators had to be voted for too. All mods sacked, let the members pick a new lot, not the existing ones. After all, who picked them anyway ????
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Jan 25 2016, 22:20

mo1905 wrote:The only way this would be fair is if the existing moderators had to be voted for too. All mods sacked, let the members pick a new lot, not the existing ones. After all, who picked them anyway ????

I like your thinking Mo but it ain't going to happen, admin are happy to turn a blind eye to all the banning's and post edits of low carbers by the present bunch of corrupt mods, of which only one "may" be impartial the rest of the motley crew are all committed anti LC
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jan 25 2016, 23:13

It's like Deja Vu all over again.

I actually MET Alan a couple of times when he visited the UK - we have mutual friends who live down the road - and he is every bit as nice and as knowledgeable In Real Life as on the net.

He, Jenny (Janet Ruhl) and a whole bunch of clueful low carbers on usenet were targeted by a few low carb antis until they gave up and went elsewhere. Curiously he spent/spends a lot of time of the ADA Forum which is huge (I gave up because it was taking more than a day to read a day's worth of posts) and yet VERY lightly moderated, the mods' job is mainly deleting spams. Entertainingly both the low carb anti's who followed him there were among the few people ever to be banned, one of them three times.

The ringleader was a Type 1, though not on a pump, who claimed to eat HCLF, had his own gym and a Personal Trainer who came by two or three times a week. When he eventually posted his menu he was "only" eating about 150g carbs, about half the ADA recommendation. At one time he pretended to be a Type 2 on no meds. He did a LOT of social engineering, sucking up especially to several women with low self esteem, then when he bullied and sneered at people and they retaliated in kind he would appeal to them to back him up against the "unjustified attacks".

One of the others was an immensely overweight Type 2 whose diabetes was very probably caused by steroid use, or abuse, and who claimed to be "cured" after losing over 50 pounds. After that he never lost any more weight, and his HDL was the lowest I ever saw in someone not already a corpse. 

I've seen that pattern once or twice, steroid-induced diabetes is usually reversible until it turns permanent, but in practice in some individuals (all male) it appears to take a long time before finally reversing.

Another was a nondiabetic who posted screeds of high carb papers at the drop of a hat.

Yet another was a remarkably poorly controlled Type 1 on a pump, with a big gob.

So when I saw pretty much exactly the same team effort on DCUK I was not in the least surprised.

Actually the biggest problem I saw there was when they banned the posting of offsite links. I mean, that breaks the whole point of the internet. Presumably they want to show the advertisers they can keep their victims onsite.

Over they years I've lurked on a whole bunch of other diabetes forums, and apart from DCUK I can't recall EVER seeing such heavy handed moderation, or so much arselicking with the likes and trophy points etc. Like I say, social engineering.

Usenet is not moderated (except for the clearly marked moderated groups) and I can recall a time when "support" groups were regarded as off limits for trolls. You either didn't read or killfiled individuals YOU didn't want to read. Nowadays it's full of trash talk from professional trolls.

The good outcome was that most of the clueful posters who were driven out by the constant attacks either went on to other forums, started their own blogs, or did stuff In Real Life, so the message still got out, just not in the same place.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Feb 23 2016, 12:55

It seems the vote at DCUK is getting even more complicated. I hear Trump has thrown his name into the hat as well. I'm more confused with this as I am the EU Vote. Spiker is up for vote but nobody heard from him in months !!
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/moderator-vote-2016.95714/
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Feb 23 2016, 12:58

I hope Spike does return-He knows his stuff,would make a great mod as he don't take no shite from the anti's and the stirrers like Duggie.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Feb 23 2016, 13:30

I see the members are so interested in this new mod stunt, a member had to bump the post  rofl

"Bump.
    This has already fallen down the order.
    Maybe it should be made a sticky and pinned right at the top of the new posts and recent posts?"

The whole charade is complete and utter bollocks. A little stunt by the admin to drum up a bit interest in a rapidly dying forum, and to give an illusion the bent management have any real interest in the members other than making money from them.

What will the admin come up with next? A name that stray cat competition and the winner gets a free DCUK badge, that like all their free gift stunts, the member posts they are still waiting to receive three months down the road. affraid
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Feb 23 2016, 16:12

6 new mods i see, i was gonna say 50% of the people posting will be mods, but thats like here lol

must be a lot of modding to do over there Smile how many is that in total? 10?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Feb 23 2016, 17:30

Andy12345 wrote:6 new mods i see, i was gonna say 50% of the people posting will be mods, but thats like here lol

must be a lot of modding to do over there Smile how many is that in total? 10?

Think positive Andy, our mods have the easiest job in the world, few members bothering to post, no one needing to be banned or posts edited, even a down market kitchen outfit won't lower itself to post spam here. mrgreen

I see this place like a good pub. You can drop in for a pint have a chat with some mates and chill out. Last thing we want is all these people that have joined asking questions and wanting replies, sounds like grief to me. jawdrop

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Feb 23 2016, 20:45

Laughing beer
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Feb 23 2016, 22:02

Paul1976 wrote:I hope Spike does return-He knows his stuff,would make a great mod as he don't take no shite from the anti's and the stirrers like Duggie.

It looks like Spikers out of the running now which is a pity  Sad I find it strange seeing as the nominees were supposed to be contacted about going onto the list
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Feb 24 2016, 11:14

I see the moderator vote thread after being exposed as a complete farce by certain members has been locked, no change there then. Only the flog could spend months poncing about over the appointment of unneeded extra mods. Apart from a few members, no one at the flog gives a monkeys who is a mod, new or old. It now appears all the people left in the race (after most members nominated by the members pulled out) are to be made mods. This charade reminds of some of the large companies I worked for years ago, three months of meetings, thousands of man hours wasted, to arrive at a decision that should have been made in an hour.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Feb 26 2016, 22:54

Strikes me it's no longer a forum for discussing diabetes, it's a forum for discussing how to discuss diabetes.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Feb 26 2016, 23:38

chris c wrote:Strikes me it's no longer a forum for discussing diabetes, it's a forum for discussing how to discuss diabetes.

That's when discussion is allowed the members have to tread carefully for fear of falling foul of the mods, still it's a great place for forum games though  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 15:36