The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Flu and Pneumonia Jabs

AliB

Female Posts : 377

Re: Flu and Pneumonia Jabs

Post by AliB on Fri Oct 31 2014, 22:46

Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold on Fri Oct 31 2014, 23:02

I had my flu jab on Tuesday and am neither up nor down. My poor mum has had both flu and pneumonia. She wouldn't recommend them.
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller on Sun Nov 02 2014, 09:14

l am feeling naff it is all hubs fault for passing on this cold. l doubt l will have the flu jab this year. What l really miss is not having some decent throat lozenges the sugarless ones don't stop the barbed wire scraping my throat Sad
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold on Sun Nov 02 2014, 09:48

My mum swears by onion soup as a cold remedy.

Get well soon MID.
    Jan1

Female Posts : 4289

Post by Jan1 on Sun Nov 02 2014, 14:13

@Avocado Sevenfold wrote:My mum swears by onion soup as a cold remedy.  

Get well soon MID.

Colds UGH who needs them?

My dear mum always used to give us a little bit of cinnamon in warmed milk if ever there were colds around. Found it soothing.

I have heard some say whisky helps - don't know about that?

It's one of the few  affraid  spiriits I stay clear off lol!

Get better soon MID

All the best Jan
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand on Mon Nov 03 2014, 14:54

OK guys.....next year can someone please remind me not to have the flu jab. I haven't felt this ill for ages. 4 days on and I'm still needing some bed rest and my brain will not work properly

carty

Post by carty on Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:04

MID
    Vogels do an Echinacea throat spray that may help
    CAROL
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2303

Post by mo1905 on Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:30

@zand wrote:OK guys.....next year can someone please remind me not to have the flu jab.  I haven't felt this ill for ages.  4 days on and I'm still needing some bed rest and my brain will not work properly

Hey Zand, don't have the flu jab next year :-)

Post by Jan1 on Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:35

@mo1905 wrote:
    @zand wrote:OK guys.....next year can someone please remind me not to have the flu jab.  I haven't felt this ill for ages.  4 days on and I'm still needing some bed rest and my brain will not work properly

Ditto from me too sunny

Hope you're feeling much better soon Smile

All the best Jan
    zand

Post by zand on Mon Nov 03 2014, 17:04

@Jan1 wrote:
    @mo1905 wrote:

Ditto from me too sunny

Hope you're feeling much better soon Smile

All the best Jan

Sigh ......thanks Smile
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 on Mon Nov 03 2014, 17:14

We're all here to help :-)

Post by Mud Island Dweller on Mon Nov 03 2014, 21:28

Thanks Carol at moment just sugar free throat lozenges, having Beechams ultra sparingly.... 2 today. l read Daves thread tonight on other site about the P drugs (sorry long words don't remember them) Oh and got some sudafed nosespray...l can handle a lot so long as l can breath and use that to help me sleep. As with colds just a case of moaning it out, so long as l don't end up like other half who spent last week with... fever chills sweat basically l would say he had flu but if not very sever cold pretty much the same as you are reporting Zand same advice to you l gave him drink loads of fluid, sit up in bed to allow head and chest to drain lying down in bed doesn't help the top end.

Hope you are better soon X
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 on Mon Nov 03 2014, 22:09

I think it's important to drink fluids when feeling unwell with colds or flu and get as much rest as possible (not always easy).

Get well wishes to all who are under the weather at the moment.  sunny

All the best Jan
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 on Fri Nov 07 2014, 17:03

There is a report here that suggest flu jabs may not be that successful:

http://www.realfarmacy.com/johns-hopkins-scientist-reveals-shocking-report-flu-vaccines/

Post by zand on Fri Nov 07 2014, 17:14

Well I've read similar stuff about the flu jabs before, but nothing quite this damning. I usually have the flu jab because my fear of the flu is greater than my fear of the jab. I refused a jab when swine flu was around and also the year after that too. I may refuse one next year. The pneumonia jab is the one I really would like anyway, because that's what caused me to be so very ill 3 years ago.
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 on Fri Nov 07 2014, 17:24

Can you not just ask for pneumonia jab ?

Post by zand on Fri Nov 07 2014, 17:36

Well I did ask (a couple of years before I had pneumonia) and was told it was only for the over 65's. I keep meaning to ask again, but I am so busy saying 'No' to statins that I keep forgetting. Rolling Eyes
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 on Fri Nov 07 2014, 17:57

@zand wrote:Well I did ask (a couple of years before I had pneumonia) and was told it was only for the over 65's.  I keep meaning to ask again, but I am so busy saying 'No' to statins that I keep forgetting.  Rolling Eyes

Well I was given one and never even asked ! And nowhere near 65 lol !

Post by Mud Island Dweller on Sat Nov 08 2014, 11:29

l was offered my flu and pneumonua jab when first Dx but only took flu as bad throat palpations (heart expressed in throat) l felt it was to much.

Meant to ask at my DN checks and forgot.

Given this *****%€£*:&** cold l am not going to have flu jab this year.

l can confirm laxitive effect of sugarless "sweets" ie mints and throat lozenges except with me has been delayed effect.

Goodbye on another ****** side trip to pk
    AliB

Post by AliB on Wed Nov 19 2014, 23:14

Eddie

Male Posts : 3768

Post by Eddie on Thu Nov 20 2014, 06:43

Thanks for that link Ali a must read for all, yet another horror story regarding big pharma.

Doshi’s concerns echo those of Dr. Russell Blaylock, a neurosurgeon and author of “The Blaylock Wellness Report” who has deep concerns over the safety and efficacy of the flu vaccine.

Not only is the vaccine not safe, Dr. Blaylock tells Newsmax Health, it doesn’t even work. “The vaccine is completely worthless, and the government knows it,” he says. “There are three reasons the government tells the elderly why they should get flu shots: secondary pneumonia, hospitalization, and death. Yet a study by the Cochrane group studied hundreds of thousands of people and found it offered zero protection for those three things in the general community. It offered people in nursing homes some immunity against the flu — at best one-third — but that was only if they picked the right vaccine.”

A study released in February found that the flu shot was only 9 percent effective in protecting seniors against the 2012-2013 season’s most virulent influenza bug.

What’s even worse is that small children who are given the flu vaccine get no protection from the disease. “The government also says that every baby over the age of six months should have a vaccine, and they know it contains a dose of mercury that is toxic to the brain,” says Dr. Blaylock. “They also know the studies have shown that the flu vaccine has zero — zero — effectiveness in children under five.”

For most people, says Dr. Blaylock, flu vaccines don’t prevent the flu but actually increase the odds of getting it. The mercury contained in vaccines is such a strong immune depressant that a flu shot suppresses immunity for several weeks. “This makes people highly susceptible to catching the flu,” he says. “They may even think the vaccine gave them the flu, but that’s not true — it depressed their immune system and then they caught the flu.”

Mercury overstimulates the brain for several years, says Dr. Blaylock, and that activation is the cause of Alzheimer’s and other degenerative diseases. One study found that those who get the flu vaccine for three to five years increase their risk of Alzheimer’s disease 10-fold.

Doshi asserts that influenza is a case of “disease mongering” in an effort to expand markets. He points to the fact that deaths from flu declined sharply during the middle of the 20th century, long before the huge vaccine campaigns that kicked off the 21st century.

Why do drug companies push the flu vaccine? “It’s all about money,” says Dr. Blaylock. “Vaccines are a pharmaceutical company’s dream. They have a product that both the government and the media will help them sell, and since vaccines are protected, they can’t be sued if anyone has a complication.”

Doshi’s article “is a breath of fresh air,” says Dr. Blaylock. “This article exposes in well-defined and articulate terms what has been known for a long time — the flu vaccine promotion is a fraud.

“Here’s the bottom line,” says Dr. Blaylock. “The vast number of people who get the flu vaccine aren’t going to get any benefit, but they get all of the risks and complications.”

- See more at: http://yournewswire.com/johns-hopkins-scientist-reveals-shocking-report-on-flu-vaccines/#sthash.3yfwjeb0.dpuf

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 208

Post by Dillinger on Thu Nov 20 2014, 12:07

Not that I would ever read the Daily Mail, etc., etc., but here it is on mercury based preservative thiomersal that is used in most of the flu jabs we get and probably the one I've just had and my baby boy has just had.

Bastards!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-153722/Mercury-flu-vaccine-linked-autism.html
    AliB

Post by AliB on Thu Nov 20 2014, 13:22

'They' say there is no evidence that the Thiomersal damages people, whether adult or child, but its a cumulative thing,

Between amalgams, fish, vaccinations, long-life bulbs, etc., we can end up with quite a bit of mercury exposure over the years.  Because it blocks certain elements and enzymes, it can trigger a cascade of issues, not just that it can end up blocking or impacting on the pathways that would enable the body to detox it.

In children, it can be as simple as timing.  Little babes, with very juvenile immune systems given a huge onslaught of one or more 'foreign bodies', can react in very unpredictable ways.  Logic says that few people will ever get more than one virus at any given time.  To give the body three or more in one fell swoop could potentially overwhelm a vulnerable little immune system, especially if it is already compromised by an as yet undetected challenge.  A vaccine given perhaps two, three or more weeks (or even days!) earlier or later, may have a totally different effect on a little body, but it's a lottery.

Vaccines are hailed as wonder drugs, yet if the outcomes are actually known, you never see records of how many people who actually had the vaccine still ending up with the flu, or whatever.

Last edited by AliB on Thu Nov 20 2014, 22:56; edited 1 time in total
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1637

Post by Andy12345 on Thu Nov 20 2014, 14:23

eddie1 wrote:Thanks for that link Ali a must read for all, yet another horror story regarding big pharma.

Doshi’s concerns echo those of Dr. Russell Blaylock, a neurosurgeon and author of “The Blaylock Wellness Report” who has deep concerns over the safety and efficacy of the flu vaccine.

Not only is the vaccine not safe, Dr. Blaylock tells Newsmax Health, it doesn’t even work. “The vaccine is completely worthless, and the government knows it,” he says. “There are three reasons the government tells the elderly why they should get flu shots: secondary pneumonia, hospitalization, and death. Yet a study by the Cochrane group studied hundreds of thousands of people and found it offered zero protection for those three things in the general community. It offered people in nursing homes some immunity against the flu — at best one-third — but that was only if they picked the right vaccine.”

A study released in February found that the flu shot was only 9 percent effective in protecting seniors against the 2012-2013 season’s most virulent influenza bug.

What’s even worse is that small children who are given the flu vaccine get no protection from the disease. “The government also says that every baby over the age of six months should have a vaccine, and they know it contains a dose of mercury that is toxic to the brain,” says Dr. Blaylock. “They also know the studies have shown that the flu vaccine has zero — zero — effectiveness in children under five.”

For most people, says Dr. Blaylock, flu vaccines don’t prevent the flu but actually increase the odds of getting it. The mercury contained in vaccines is such a strong immune depressant that a flu shot suppresses immunity for several weeks. “This makes people highly susceptible to catching the flu,” he says. “They may even think the vaccine gave them the flu, but that’s not true — it depressed their immune system and then they caught the flu.”

Mercury overstimulates the brain for several years, says Dr. Blaylock, and that activation is the cause of Alzheimer’s and other degenerative diseases. One study found that those who get the flu vaccine for three to five years increase their risk of Alzheimer’s disease 10-fold.

Doshi asserts that influenza is a case of “disease mongering” in an effort to expand markets. He points to the fact that deaths from flu declined sharply during the middle of the 20th century, long before the huge vaccine campaigns that kicked off the 21st century.

Why do drug companies push the flu vaccine? “It’s all about money,” says Dr. Blaylock. “Vaccines are a pharmaceutical company’s dream. They have a product that both the government and the media will help them sell, and since vaccines are protected, they can’t be sued if anyone has a complication.”

Doshi’s article “is a breath of fresh air,” says Dr. Blaylock. “This article exposes in well-defined and articulate terms what has been known for a long time — the flu vaccine promotion is a fraud.

“Here’s the bottom line,” says Dr. Blaylock. “The vast number of people who get the flu vaccine aren’t going to get any benefit, but they get all of the risks and complications.”

- See more at: http://yournewswire.com/johns-hopkins-scientist-reveals-shocking-report-on-flu-vaccines/#sthash.3yfwjeb0.dpuf

BASTARDS!!!!!
    zand

Post by zand on Thu Nov 20 2014, 14:26

Ok, that's it. I'm definitely not having one next year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24 2017, 05:46