THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

This Hot Drink Will Never Make You Choose Between Coffee And Tea Again

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

This Hot Drink Will Never Make You Choose Between Coffee And Tea Again Empty This Hot Drink Will Never Make You Choose Between Coffee And Tea Again

Post by Jan1 Tue Jan 12 2016, 13:50

Well as many may already know my first choice is always a cup of tea ... coffee is well and truly in second place!

For others of course it is the other way round ...

Some do not even drink tea or coffee !

So wasn't too sure what to make of this article - you may find it an interesting read ...

This Hot Drink Will Never Make You Choose Between Coffee And Tea Again

Those who can't decide which they love more out of tea and coffee could be saved hours of pondering - because some genius has created a coffee/tea hybrid.

Cascara coffee is made using the outer peel of the coffee cherry, which is then sun-dried and brewed in a similar way to tea.

According to Fresh Cup magazine, it has a sweet, fruity taste with "notes of rose hip, hibiscus, cherry, red current, mango or even tobacco".

Cascara is good for the environment, as you are brewing coffee cherries (which are essentially classed as coffee waste).

Peter Giuliano, of the Specialty Coffee Association of America, told NPR: "We have been throwing away this perfectly good coffee fruit for a long time, and there's no real reason for it, because it tastes delicious."

The unusual tea blend was discovered by Aida Batlle, a coffee-grower from El Salvador.

She was at a coffee sampling event and could smell a hibiscus-like scent in the room. When she inquired as to where the smell was coming from, the coffee tasters pointed to the husks which had been discarded from recently milled coffee.

As a miniature experiment, Batlle decided to pick through the husks, clean them and add hot water. She soon realised that the beverage had an unusual and equally amazing taste, so she sent samples for her customers to try.

Technically, the beverage is coffee but because of the brewing method it combines the best of both worlds. And, as with all new discoveries in the foodie world, it's got a lot of people excited about it.

Article from here

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/08/coffee-and-tea-hybrid-cascara_n_8937752.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl20%7Csec3_lnk6%26pLid%3D419357

This Hot Drink Will Never Make You Choose Between Coffee And Tea Again CascaraTea_ChristyBaugh

Read more about Cascara here http://www.freshcup.com/what-is-cascara/

All the best Jan
    ajsherlock

This Hot Drink Will Never Make You Choose Between Coffee And Tea Again Empty Re: This Hot Drink Will Never Make You Choose Between Coffee And Tea Again

Post by ajsherlock Fri Jan 15 2016, 13:34

Will stick with my tea. Love the smell of fresh coffee but just dont like the taste. Tea for me every time, lol
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

This Hot Drink Will Never Make You Choose Between Coffee And Tea Again Empty Re: This Hot Drink Will Never Make You Choose Between Coffee And Tea Again

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 16 2016, 15:07

ajsherlock wrote:Will stick with my tea.  Love the smell of fresh coffee but just dont like the taste.  Tea for me every time, lol

Yes ... I'm more of a tea-pot than a coffee-pot ... LOL

Yorkshire Tea is nice - have you (or other readers) got a favourite?

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 23:43