The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    Blagged a new BG meter.

    Share
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3488
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Blagged a new BG meter.

    Post by graham64 on Sun Dec 20 2015, 21:44

    Popped into my surgery yesterday to drop a script off and got collared by my lovely DSN asking if I had time for a chat, after a mild reprimand for not having my six monthly A1c done  Shocked she just wanted to inform me of a new practice decision to combine my BP review with my annual diabetes review which is fine by me, means one less appointment Very Happy On the way out I asked if she had any meters available as mines getting a bit knackered keeps losing it's memory no problem she said and produced a shiny brand new Optium Neo and changed my prescription for the new strips  Very Happy

    If only Carlsberg did DSN's then they would be as good as mine  Laughing


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    chris c
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 4067
    Join date : 2015-07-26

    Re: Blagged a new BG meter.

    Post by chris c on Sun Dec 20 2015, 22:11

    Impressed!

    Here's a quote from a friend's surgery wall

    "Patients are the most important visitors to our surgery.
    They are not an interruption to our work.
    They are the purpose of it.
    They are not an outsider to our surgery.
    They are part of it.
    We are not doing them a favour by treating them.
    They are doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so."

    Would that more surgeries were run like that (ours used to be but no longer since it was modernised).

    While I was searching for that text I found this

    "The only cow in a small town in Scotland stopped giving milk.

    The town folk found they could buy a cow in Wales quite cheaply.

    They brought the cow from Wales and it was wonderful, produced lots of milk every day and everyone was happy.

    They bought a bull to mate with the cow to get more cows, so they'd never have to worry about their milk supply again.

    They put the bull in the pasture with the cow but whenever the bull tried to mount the cow, the cow would move away.

    No matter what approach the bull tried, the cow would move away from the bull and he was never able to do the deed.

    The people were very upset and decided to go the Vet, who was very wise, tell him what was happening and ask his advice.

    "Whenever the bull tries to mount our cow, she moves away.

    If he approaches from the back, she moves forward", they said.

    "When he approaches her from the front, she backs off.

    "If he attempts from the one side, she walks away to the other side."

    The Vet rubbed his chin thoughtfully and pondered this before asking, "did you by chance, buy this cow in Wales ?"

    The people were dumbfounded, since no one had ever mentioned that they had brought the cow over from Wales.

    "You are truly a wise Vet," they said, "how did you know we got the cow from Wales?"

    The Vet replied with a distant look in his eye, "my wife is from Wales."
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3488
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: Blagged a new BG meter.

    Post by graham64 on Sun Dec 20 2015, 22:25

    Bloody hell Chris you get worse with age  rofl rofl rofl


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2436
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 42
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: Blagged a new BG meter.

    Post by Paul1976 on Sun Dec 20 2015, 22:49

    @chris c wrote:Impressed!

    Here's a quote from a friend's surgery wall

    "Patients are the most important visitors to our surgery.
    They are not an interruption to our work.
    They are the purpose of it.
    They are not an outsider to our surgery.
    They are part of it.
    We are not doing them a favour by treating them.
    They are doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so."

    Would that more surgeries were run like that (ours used to be but no longer since it was modernised).

    While I was searching for that text I found this

    "The only cow in a small town in Scotland stopped giving milk.

    The town folk found they could buy a cow in Wales quite cheaply.

    They brought the cow from Wales and it was wonderful, produced lots of milk every day and everyone was happy.

    They bought a bull to mate with the cow to get more cows, so they'd never have to worry about their milk supply again.

    They put the bull in the pasture with the cow but whenever the bull tried to mount the cow, the cow would move away.

    No matter what approach the bull tried, the cow would move away from the bull and he was never able to do the deed.

    The people were very upset and decided to go the Vet, who was very wise, tell him what was happening and ask his advice.

    "Whenever the bull tries to mount our cow, she moves away.

    If he approaches from the back, she moves forward", they said.

    "When he approaches her from the front, she backs off.

    "If he attempts from the one side, she walks away to the other side."

    The Vet rubbed his chin thoughtfully and pondered this before asking, "did you by chance, buy this cow in Wales ?"

    The people were dumbfounded, since no one had ever mentioned that they had brought the cow over from Wales.

    "You are truly a wise Vet," they said, "how did you know we got the cow from Wales?"

    The Vet replied with a distant look in his eye, "my wife is from Wales."

    ROTFLMAO!!! rofl


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2436
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 42
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: Blagged a new BG meter.

    Post by Paul1976 on Sun Dec 20 2015, 22:53

    @graham64 wrote:Popped into my surgery yesterday to drop a script off and got collared by my lovely DSN asking if I had time for a chat, after a mild reprimand for not having my six monthly A1c done  Shocked she just wanted to inform me of a new practice decision to combine my BP review with my annual diabetes review which is fine by me, means one less appointment Very Happy On the way out I asked if she had any meters available as mines getting a bit knackered keeps losing it's memory no problem she said and produced a shiny brand new Optium Neo and changed my prescription for the new strips  Very Happy

    If only Carlsberg did DSN's then they would be as good as mine  Laughing

    Result there eh Graham! thumb-up She's definitely a 'Keeper' I reckon-Mines a real dragon to me at times. stretcher


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3488
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: Blagged a new BG meter.

    Post by graham64 on Sun Dec 20 2015, 23:04

    Yes it would seem she's one in a million compared to some of the reports I've read about DSN's on the other place.


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2436
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 42
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: Blagged a new BG meter.

    Post by Paul1976 on Sun Dec 20 2015, 23:08

    I remember me and Xyzzy joining DCUK around the same time and him having 'Nurse Nightshade' and me having 'Nurse Death' as DSN's lol


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3488
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: Blagged a new BG meter.

    Post by graham64 on Sun Dec 20 2015, 23:14

    @Paul1976 wrote:I remember me and Xyzzy joining DCUK around the same time and him having 'Nurse Nightshade' and me having 'Nurse Death' as DSN's lol

    I remember that too Paul, then again my Doc he's a decent chap but is opposed to SMBG and pro statins, I reckon my DSN has the final word when it comes to diabetics though cheers


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes

    Sponsored content

    Re: Blagged a new BG meter.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 19 2018, 14:32