THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

ChrisC will like this.

Derek
    Derek

ChrisC will like this. - Page 2 Empty Re: ChrisC will like this.

Post by Derek Fri Jan 01 2016, 12:12

Happy New Year to all.
    Derek
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Jan 01 2016, 12:14

Derek wrote:Happy New Year to all.
    Derek

Happy New Year Derek ...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jan 03 2016, 22:27

Both my parents loved nature. My mother liked music, art and history. My father liked science, so I grew up seeing things from both sides.

Once the glaciers came this far south. Geology students come to see the "rockstones" in what is now a neighbour's garden, which were brought down from way up north by the glaciers. Some of the farmers have "upside down land" where the glaciers dumped heavy wet clay on top of the chalk, and their valleys are much drier than the hilltops.
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Mon Jan 04 2016, 16:51

chris c wrote:Both my parents loved nature. My mother liked music, art and history. My father liked science, so I grew up seeing things from both sides.

Once the glaciers came this far south. Geology students come to see the "rockstones" in what is now a neighbour's garden, which were brought down from way up north by the glaciers. Some of the farmers have "upside down land" where the glaciers dumped heavy wet clay on top of the chalk, and their valleys are much drier than the hilltops.

Geology but particularly landforms are really interesting. The landscape here is full of features like drumlins, meltwater channels, morriane and raised beaches. Evidence of the last circ glaciers abound on the northern and eastern slopes of the fells.
    D.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Jan 05 2016, 17:58

Oh yes I remember it well - though the people I knew mostly lived around the Borders, Brampton, Langholm, Haltwhistle, Alston area rather than the Lakes with all the Herdwicks. Fascinating going up Teesdale and back down Weardale, or vice versa.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 14:25