The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

All hail the mighty spud!!!!

Paul1976

Male Posts : 2433

All hail the mighty spud!!!!

Post by Paul1976 on Fri Dec 04 2015, 19:18

wtf  beammeupscotty  freakout  facepalm

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/potato-hack-potato-diet-thread.88700/

Since when did Diabetes.co.uk stop being.........Well,for diabetics?! Non diabetics free to join and insult members with this tripe! Evil or Very Mad

Male Posts : 3738

Re: All hail the mighty spud!!!!

Post by Eddie on Fri Dec 04 2015, 20:10

@Paul1976 wrote: wtf  beammeupscotty  freakout  facepalm

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/potato-hack-potato-diet-thread.88700/

From a flog member. "On your profile you say you do not have diabetes so do you have a specific reason for putting this on a diabetes forum."

I will take a wild guess, because the geezer is out to lunch. freakout

I am starting a new diet business. The chipboard diet. The participants eat sawdust from shredded MFI and Ikea chucked away furniture. Jeez the flog certainly brings in some nutters. All grist to the cash mill. How long before AP starts flogging it to the members. Talking of the flog, anyone know how their 150 gram a day LC diet spoof is going? seems to have died a death.

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    graham64

Male Posts : 2927

Post by graham64 on Fri Dec 04 2015, 21:07

Best way to add potatoes to your diet whilst keeping BGs in check Cool  

vodkamachine

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 on Fri Dec 04 2015, 21:12

I'll drink to that Graham!! cheers drunken

Post by graham64 on Fri Dec 04 2015, 21:21

@Paul1976 wrote:I'll drink to that Graham!! cheers drunken

That's the way to go Paul keep the dietitians happy by including spuds in your diet  Shocked

Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 on Fri Dec 04 2015, 21:30

*Update* Potato thread locked by CC! Even the low carb anti moderators couldn't let this one stand and that's saying something!

Post by graham64 on Fri Dec 04 2015, 21:44

@Paul1976 wrote:*Update* Potato thread locked by CC! Even the low carb anti moderators couldn't let this one stand and that's saying something!

Quite right a far more sensible thread would have been The Potato Vodka diet after all it's not an alcoholics forum is it  getmecoat

Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 on Fri Dec 04 2015, 21:48

@graham64 wrote:
    @Paul1976 wrote:*Update* Potato thread locked by CC! Even the low carb anti moderators couldn't let this one stand and that's saying something!

Quite right a far more sensible thread would have been The Potato Vodka diet after all it's not an alcoholics forum is it  getmecoat

Twisted Evil Wink

Post by chris c on Fri Dec 04 2015, 23:00

Do you think this was a BDA member? Ms Porter is that you?
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Fri Dec 04 2015, 23:11

@chris c wrote:Do you think this was a BDA member? Ms Porter is that you?

Ms Porter recently had an article in the Daily Fail re portions sizes the great British public responded in the comments section with derision proving yet again the BDA and their representatives are a laughing stock muhahaha 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3331095/Handy-guide-portion-sizes-Never-know-food-Use-formula-figure-right-eat.html

yoly

Post by yoly on Sat Dec 05 2015, 13:51

You can laugh but is so sad what diabetics have to endure. Were i live there is very famous and rich vegan doctor that recommend a diet of only potatoes and carrots for diabetics. He claims that he doesn't have diabetes because his fasting blood sugar is just 125 (6.95). He has a radio and TV program were he recommend the diet. Is this world crazy or what?
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3738

Post by Eddie on Sat Dec 05 2015, 18:11

@yoly wrote:You can laugh but is so sad what diabetics have to endure. Were i live there is very famous and rich vegan doctor that recommend a diet of only potatoes and carrots for diabetics. He claims that he doesn't have diabetes because his fasting blood sugar is just 125 (6.95). He has a radio and TV program were he recommend the diet. Is this world crazy or what?

So many believe without the mighty spud we are all doomed. Scurvy, osteoporosis and constipation has been threatened to us low carbers.  rofl

broccoli contains almost 5 times as much vitamin C as potato
    broccoli contains 8 times as much calcium as potato
    broccoli contains almost 2.5 times as much dietary fibre as potato

Unless an increase in vitamin C, calcium and dietary fibre increases the respective possibility of scurvy, osteoporosis, and constipation, it seems reasonable to conclude that the replacement of potato by broccoli (or numerous other nutrient rich vegetables) provides a viable dietary strategy for the diabetic.

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23 2017, 14:56