THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Annual diabetes eye screening

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Annual diabetes eye screening Empty Annual diabetes eye screening

Post by graham64 Wed Nov 25 2015, 21:55

Had my eighth annual eye screening today at the local hospital no problems detected so good news again, that said in the waiting room of the aptly named Diabetes Resource Centre was a vending machine filled with a variety of chocolate bars, crisps and cans of pop including regular coca cola Shocked
    Squire Fulwood

Annual diabetes eye screening Empty Re: Annual diabetes eye screening

Post by Squire Fulwood Thu Nov 26 2015, 06:49

They have never found a problem with my eyes at the annual screening but a recent visit to the optician for new glasses revealed the start of a cataract. I wonder if the screening people noticed but just didn't mention it.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 26 2015, 16:43

graham64 wrote:Had my eighth annual eye screening today at the local hospital no problems detected so good news again, that said in the waiting room of the aptly named Diabetes Resource Centre was a vending machine filled with a variety of chocolate bars, crisps and cans of pop including regular coca cola Shocked

Good news about your annual eye screening Graham thumb-up

It's about time this type of vending machine was banned ... I'm sure they are at schools Question
    Surely a small packet of fruit ... or even the smaller packets of cheddar cheese etc, would be far healthier.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 26 2015, 16:48

Squire Fulwood wrote:They have never found a problem with my eyes at the annual screening but a recent visit to the optician for new glasses revealed the start of a cataract. I wonder if the screening people noticed but just didn't mention it.

... I think this goes to show that diabetic screening is important, but then so too is having our eyes fully checked at least every two years, well I think it is every two years - that is what my optician recommends. However, one of our sons goes every year ... he has a particular eye condition that needs to be monitored.

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Nov 26 2015, 22:56

Squire Fulwood wrote:They have never found a problem with my eyes at the annual screening but a recent visit to the optician for new glasses revealed the start of a cataract. I wonder if the screening people noticed but just didn't mention it.

I doubt cataracts are covered in the eye scan Squire except if they have advanced and affect the results.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Nov 27 2015, 22:15

Asian guy went to the doctor complaining of blurred vision.

"You have a cataract!" said the doctor

"No! I have Rincoln Continental!"

joke courtesy of The Sopranos.

Seriously though, congratulations on your successes. Cataracts are something else that have become common and at least they can usually be removed as an outpatient, thus limiting exposure to hospital food, not the case in the past. They used to routinely leave them until your vision was seriously impaired before operating, maybe that's why the hospital chose not to notice them/it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 17:43