THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
OldTech
Paul1976
graham64
Eddie
8 posters

150 grams low carb, don't make me laugh!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

150 grams low carb, don't make me laugh! - Page 2 Empty Re: 150 grams low carb, don't make me laugh!

Post by Eddie Wed Feb 03 2016, 14:55

"at risk of being unpopular" Steady up Mo, are you after my job?

How about this for an analogy, one bullet in the head is better than two bullets in the head, but it only takes one to kill ya. I hear what you guys are saying, and as I never disagree with anyone etc.

What worries me with the better than no carb reduction approach is many will not see much of an improvement. 150 grams a day would have me and Graham on permanent double figure BG numbers in old money i.e. ten plus. 50 grams of carb in one hit takes me to double number BG within an hour, I am not alone.

When I started low carbing my numbers went from 12 to 15 fasting to 4 to 5 fasting in five days. That was a mind blower and totally convinced me it was the only way for me, and many other I have come to learn.

The flog makes it's money from deals with big pharma drug trials for the forum members. They will never ever go for a true low carb diet, because big pharma has no use whatsoever for low carbers.

It's the flogs slyness and exploitation of the poorly informed that I detest. They can do whatever they like, flog whatever they like, to who ever the like, but why can't they be honest about it.

I will eat my hat when the flog promotes a true low carb lifestyle for diabetics. On the evidence of their latest recipe book, that is never going to happen. The have jumped on the low carb bandwagon in a half hearted way, because almost every good news story, for over seven years, has been achieved with a true low carb diet. But I believe it is a front.

Stands by for kicking What a Face
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

150 grams low carb, don't make me laugh! - Page 2 Empty Re: 150 grams low carb, don't make me laugh!

Post by mo1905 Wed Feb 03 2016, 15:53

I agree Eddie, it's not something we would call low carb or promote here for sure. 50g or thereabouts seems to be the ideal. You saw amazing results quickly which is what I'd love others to see but truth is, most don't have your willpower or mindset.
    Another way to look at it would be for some, 50g feels like deprivation and that they are giving up the foods they used to love. Again, I'm not saying I agree with this, just that it happens. We know in theory, everyone can have a fulfilling, healthy diet on 50g of carbs a day. However, in practice, many are unwilling. So, I'd rather see a lot more drop to 150g a day and see some benefits than see a minority drop to 50, initially see great results, then fall off the wagon. My theory is, if they see BG levels dropping at 150 ( OK, only slightly ) they may experiment at lower levels in their own time to see how big the benefits can get if prepared to reduce further.
    Anyway, you know my thoughts on the DCUK and our treatment there but I will give ( small ) credit where it's due. I still see this as a small step in the right direction. If we all moan about everything they ever do for the sake of it, we lose credibility. That way, when they do royally screw up, our screams of injustice ring truer !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Feb 03 2016, 16:00

i do see your point Mo

plus i find fireman really sexy.... oops did i say that out loud? Embarassed
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Feb 03 2016, 16:22

Thanks Andy ! My missus sees nothing sexy about firemen ! She reckons stonemasons are the new Page 7 fella's ????
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Feb 03 2016, 16:26

ohhhhh i like mrs Mo Laughing

clever, always right and such good taste
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Feb 03 2016, 17:09

mo1905 wrote:I agree Eddie, it's not something we would call low carb or promote here for sure. 50g or thereabouts seems to be the ideal. You saw amazing results quickly which is what I'd love others to see but truth is, most don't have your willpower or mindset.
    Another way to look at it would be for some, 50g feels like deprivation and that they are giving up the foods they used to love. Again, I'm not saying I agree with this, just that it happens. We know in theory, everyone can have a fulfilling, healthy diet on 50g of carbs a day. However, in practice, many are unwilling. So, I'd rather see a lot more drop to 150g a day and see some benefits than see a minority drop to 50, initially see great results, then fall off the wagon. My theory is, if they see BG levels dropping at 150 ( OK, only slightly ) they may experiment at lower levels in their own time to see how big the benefits can get if prepared to reduce further.
    Anyway, you know my thoughts on the DCUK and our treatment there but I will give ( small ) credit where it's due. I still see this as a small step in the right direction. If we all moan about everything they ever do for the sake of it, we lose credibility. That way, when they do royally screw up, our screams of injustice ring truer !

Can't argue with your post Mo. But I will say this and it is 100% true, I am not a man of iron will power, especially as I have got older. I'm getting quotes to have a sofa removed from my arse. I have always loved food and wine, but I find it an absolute doddle to stick to 50 carbs per day. Sure I still miss the Indian takeaways, the all you can eat Chinese buffets, the Italian food. I believe we are all motivated by three things by and large, fear, greed and prestige. Like many here, my fear factor for going blind or losing my legs is off the scale. You may remember my Father went down with diabetes complications and he was a strong as as ox. That being said his BG numbers were awful.
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Wed Feb 03 2016, 19:03

Hi Guys,
    Spare a thought for these individuals who find it difficult to synchronise their diet with 50grams/day low carb.

They may have partners who are carboholics and children who have high carb meals at school. The whole thrust of society is
    is towards a carb rich diet.

Eventually the message will get through, but it is even difficult with intelligent but ignorant people to convince them it is more than sweetened fizzy drinks that is the problem. When you tell them how much blood glucose is in a 100 grams of brown bread they get a glazed expression on their faces and I am sure think one has got their facts wrong.
    regards
    D.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 19:55