The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

From Pharma to Table: The McDonald's-Pfizer Merger

Eddie

Male Posts : 3711

From Pharma to Table: The McDonald's-Pfizer Merger

Post by Eddie on Tue Oct 20 2015, 12:18

Last night’s unexpected merger between Pfizer and McDonald’s sent shock waves through Wall Street, the Pharmaceutical industry and the heavily-processed meat community.

“It was a no-brainer, really” remarked Pfizer CEO Ian Read. ‘These beloved brands have long enjoyed a symbiotic corporate relationship. We finally decided that as long as McDonald’s is creating new patients for our medications – medications which keep their consumers alive and able to keep walking back to enjoy those 99-cent specials - why not work together?’

The top-secret negotiations, months in the making, sent stock prices soaring as McDonald’s franchises unveiled a new "McHealth Menu" that reflects the revised business model of McDonald’s/Pfizer (now listed as ‘McPfiz’ on the S&P 500).

‘The New McBLT, featuring Bacon, Lipitor & Tomato, redefines health & commerce’ says Fred Golgoth, McDonald’s VP of Globalization & Happy Meal Toy Development. ‘It’s a logical progression – together we’ll give people the tasty food products they love, and, should said products threaten their health, we also provide the drugs to neutralize that threat.”

More on this story here. http://www.thefinaledition.com/article/from-pharma-to-table-the-mcdonalds-pfizer-merger.html

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2428

Re: From Pharma to Table: The McDonald's-Pfizer Merger

Post by Paul1976 on Tue Oct 20 2015, 13:16

Very funny mate but isn't April 1st quite a way off? Very Happy
    graham64

Male Posts : 2811

Re: From Pharma to Table: The McDonald's-Pfizer Merger

Post by graham64 on Tue Oct 20 2015, 21:14

Pfizer and McDonald’s could form a ménage à trois with DUK that would cover all angles  Cool

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29 2017, 01:13