THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+13
Sharon
graham64
Eddie
Scandichic
Sarah
Meredith
mo1905
Mud Island Dweller
sanguine
janlyn
zand
Paul1976
Andy12345
17 posters

Strictly Come Dancing, Do you Love it or Hate it?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Strictly Come Dancing, Do you Love it or Hate it? Empty Strictly Come Dancing, Do you Love it or Hate it?

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 05 2014, 17:56

Sorry folks ....... but I just had to do a topic on Strictly Come Dancing. Yes, I love it - in fact I prefer it to The X Factor, it's probably no secret that Eddie hates it.
    But what are your views ?

Presented this year by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, there will be 15 sparkling celebrities to grace the Strictly studio for the very first time on Sunday 7th September at 8pm on BBC One.

So to celebrate ..... the wine is already chilling and our LCHF dinner will be served early ....can't have anything interupting the viewing  lol!

What are your views on the subject ?

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Strictly Come Dancing, Do you Love it or Hate it? Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing, Do you Love it or Hate it?

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 05 2014, 18:30

Sleep Evil or Very Mad affraid Sad
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Strictly Come Dancing, Do you Love it or Hate it? Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing, Do you Love it or Hate it?

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 05 2014, 18:40

Strictly? Sorry guys 'n' gals but Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggghhh!! What a Face

I'm more of a 'Dynamo-Magician impossible' show kinda guy! Dynamo's material never ceases to amaze me! I'm gutted that his recent series is reportedly his last. Sad
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Sep 05 2014, 18:43

Andy12345 wrote:Sleep Evil or Very Mad affraid Sad

I think this means Andy likes it too really! Rolling Eyes

Yes I like Strictly, but I'm not sure I'll watch it this time, I've only watched a few hours of TV since May and I used to watch it for several hours a day. I'm not sure why but I prefer listening to music now.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 05 2014, 18:49

not even the long scantly clad legs can make me watch it! no no no, lol hate it, id rather have my finger nails pulled out
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 05 2014, 18:50

dynamo i enjoy Smile
    janlyn

Female Posts : 17

Post by janlyn Fri Sep 05 2014, 18:58

Love it, don't watch any of the others but love Strictly. My daughter and I went up to watch the live show two years ago. It was definitely an experience - last year in Shepherds Bush. We have applied for tickets this year - we will have to wait and see. Couldn't go last year as daughter was pregnant and baby due in October but are trying for this year. Fingers crossed.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 05 2014, 20:50

Strictly Come Dancing, I expect some of them do, they are so up themselves. Check out the Z list celebs on this series, jeez I would rather spend a night digging trenches that watch Strictly. Don't tell Jan I said this, she is besotted with the program. No Strictly would be grounds for divorce in our household. affraid

Regards Eddie
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 05 2014, 21:17

janlyn wrote:Love it, don't watch any of the others but love Strictly.  My daughter and I went up to watch the live show two years ago.  It was definitely an  experience - last  year in Shepherds Bush.   We have applied for tickets this year - we will have to wait and see.  Couldn't go last year as daughter was pregnant and baby due in October  but are trying for this year.  Fingers crossed.

Do hope your application for tickets is successful.

I just love the look and colour of the costumes - although it is true some of the dancers costumes are ......well lets say a little skimpy !!  

The band and singers are usually brilliant - it's Dave Archer and band/orchestra I think.

Counting down 'til Sunday sunny

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Sep 05 2014, 23:07

Strictly along with all the soaps cookery and reality shows are my pet hate Evil or Very Mad But hey whatever floats your boat affraid
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sat Sep 06 2014, 12:20

Sorry Jan, I refer you to my answer on X Factor ... !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Sep 06 2014, 14:10

sanguine wrote:Sorry Jan, I refer you to my answer on X Factor ... !

I did go back to read your comment on The X Factor thread ... and ...

I'll pass you your coat lol!

But thanks for commenting, has anyone else got any views good or bad ? ? Question

All the best Jan
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Sat Sep 06 2014, 19:38

Putting things in context l have never watched strictly
    I hate the talent shows only seen parts when at a friends house they are family to me and they love it
    Never watch any soaps hate them

Do like Great British Bake Off
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat Sep 06 2014, 23:26

Trying my hardest to come up with some positives relating to strictly:| then I found this video on youtube Cool

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 06 2014, 23:41

graham64 wrote:Trying my hardest to come up with some positives relating to strictly:| then I found this video on youtube Cool

Nice one Graham! I do like her material and when Paloma isn't singing she's got a great sense of humour and is really down to earth from what I've seen of her when she's been interviewed. Smile
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat Sep 06 2014, 23:48

Gotta agree Paul love her sense of humour Very Happy
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Sep 25 2014, 19:39

Well the ITV and BBC ratings war heats up because starting tomorrow we have both Strictly and The X Factor on .......do you run for cover or watch ?

Do you care ?

Maybe you'll be watching the golf ?

Let us know .......if you've any views, thanks  sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Sep 25 2014, 21:21

Eddie's just gone as white as a sheet - after reading my earlier post he gasped.

"But tomorrow is Friday it can't be on?"    "Yes" I answered ....then swiftly poured him a stiff brandy to help recovery lol!

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Sep 25 2014, 22:58

I watched the 2 part Houdini tonight which I taped. That was amazing. Anyone else see it ?
    Meredith
    Meredith

Female Posts : 11

Post by Meredith Fri Sep 26 2014, 13:46

I love Strictly! Will be glued to the TV (well the lap top anyway) every Saturday night till Christmas, and I even watch Strictly take 2. Its the best thing about September, and the dreadful run up to Christmas.
    Can't abide X Factor so no competition there.
    I love Bake off too :-)
    Sarah

Strictly Come Dancing, Do you Love it or Hate it? Empty For Jan1

Post by Sarah Fri Sep 26 2014, 15:10

Having read the forum (although not contributed much), I gather that lovely Jan1 is a fan of SCD.

This song sprang to mind - Mr Jan1 take note! Apologies to Shania but I think Jan should adopt this version of the chorus...... Cool

''Honey, I'm home and I've had  a hard day
    Pour me a white wine and oh by the way
    Rub my dancing feet, give me something to eat
    Ideally my favourite lowcarb treat
    Honey, I'm back, my feet are killing me
    I need to relax and watch Strictly
    Get off the phone, stop being a moan,
    Hey, hey, now honey I'm home."

Before you watch be warned, the ad I saw was Peter Andre advertising oven chips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fnZmdd35Uk
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 26 2014, 19:02

Just come off the phone ......it was a call from my eldest son reminding me about watching 'Strictly' tonight at 9pm - wasn't that good of him sunny

I watched the Shania video and think your words fit so well Sarah ...thank you.

I'm a little worried at the moment because it's The Ryder Cup Highlights on BBC2 at 8.30 but sshhhhh don't tell Eddie   lol!  

The wine is chilling, and I'm looking forward to a pleasant evening putting my feet up.

All the best Jan
    Sarah

Post by Sarah Fri Sep 26 2014, 21:29

Hi Jan, *** the golf (these men and their balls). Enjoy strictly. Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 26 2014, 21:30

I thought you ladies might want to see some real dancers.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Sep 26 2014, 21:31

Sarah wrote:Hi Jan, *** the golf (these men and their balls). Enjoy strictly. Smile

Hey, not all men lol ! I'm watching Strictly now ( taping X Factor to watch straight after ! ).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 05:33