THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Dr Unwin (Southport GP) latest article

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Dr Unwin (Southport GP) latest article  Empty Dr Unwin (Southport GP) latest article

Post by graham64 Mon Sep 28 2015, 21:59

Excess dietary glucose is believed to lead to insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes and also progressive hepatocyte triglyceride accumulation (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease [NAFLD]).

Considering the increased cardiovascular risks associated with NAFLD and type 2 diabetes, effective risk factor management of individuals with these conditions is critical. Weight loss can improve abnormal liver biochemistry, the histological progression
    of NAFLD and diabetes control. However, the most effective diet remains controversial. 

The authors implemented a low-carbohydrate (CHO) diet in a primary healthcare setting and assessed its effect on weight, HbA1c, serum gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) and cholesterol. In this article, the authors present their findings and question the role of dietary CHO in the aetiology of abnormal liver biochemistry and diabetes.

Full PDF http://www.diabesityinpractice.co.uk/media/content/_master/4311/files/pdf/dip4-3-102-8.pdf

Dr Unwin posted this on the other forum yesterday yet got only two replies, understandable I suppose since many of the low carbers have been cherubed or walked away

Link Southport GP
    chris c
    chris c

Dr Unwin (Southport GP) latest article  Empty Re: Dr Unwin (Southport GP) latest article

Post by chris c Mon Sep 28 2015, 22:54

Excellent stuff!

What a horrid thought though, being cherubed. Visions of having your face squished between huge meaty thighs.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Dr Unwin (Southport GP) latest article  Empty Re: Dr Unwin (Southport GP) latest article

Post by graham64 Mon Sep 28 2015, 22:57

chris c wrote:Excellent stuff!

What a horrid thought though, being cherubed. Visions of having your face squished between huge meaty thighs

rofl rofl rofl
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 28 2015, 23:03

graham64 wrote:
    chris c wrote:Excellent stuff!

What a horrid thought though, being cherubed. Visions of having your face squished between huge meaty thighs

rofl rofl rofl

Monty Beantipper told me there are worse ways to check out, but he is one kinky SOB. affraid
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Sep 28 2015, 23:08

How did I get back here??? I'm supposed to be on the blog . . .
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 28 2015, 23:17

chris c wrote:How did I get back here??? I'm supposed to be on the blog . . .

It's people like you Chris get us low carbers a bad name. facepalm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 14:00