THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Very young type 1 talks about what LCHF has done for him.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Very young type 1 talks about what LCHF has done for him. Empty Very young type 1 talks about what LCHF has done for him.

Post by Eddie Wed Sep 16 2015, 06:01

This is only a very short video, a very young Kid talks about low carb high fat and what Dr. Bernstein has done for his blood glucose control. I have been saying for years Bernstein should be awarded the Nobel Prize, I wonder how many he has saved from grim complications and an early death? we will never know.

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Very young type 1 talks about what LCHF has done for him. Empty Re: Very young type 1 talks about what LCHF has done for him.

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 16 2015, 17:48

Diabetes is not easy to come to terms with, and is so much easier if you have family support.

For a child it must be that much harder?
    This video is such a good watch and should perhaps be played in schools?

I know of a family with a five year old who is Type 1 diabetic, and although the family politely listen to the LCHF news ... as their GP and DN do not recommend it they are un-willing to take the leap of faith and at least try a LCHF lifestyle. Sadly the child is getting heavier and heavier ... and still the shopping basket is full of bread, cereal, cakes and biscuits Mad  

We can only keep spreading the word.
    What parents / adults decide is and always will be a personal choice.

All the best Jan
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Very young type 1 talks about what LCHF has done for him. Empty Re: Very young type 1 talks about what LCHF has done for him.

Post by Mrs Vimes Wed Sep 16 2015, 21:31

I love this Facebook page! I'm a gritter and one of Eddie n Jan's gang! Back at work and keeping it in the low 6s and high 5s at the mo. No mental roller coasters and mood swings going on. Love this way of life because it does mean life.
    The gritters are amazing. Like Alien diabetic in Australia (Lisa), they strive to have normal blood sugars and they do.
    There must be a special place in hell for Ancel Keys bless him!
    Thanks for the video link.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Sep 16 2015, 22:12

Yes superb!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 02:31