The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Share
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Sat Aug 29 2015, 10:06

    This morning my Blood Glucose was a shocking 7.7 mmol / L Sad
    On going to bed it was 5.3 mmol / L.

    There's my Dawn Phenomenon in the mix there as it's lay in day but, I'd still prefer it to be lower - at least in the low 6s.

    I didn't get to Argos - my busy life got in the way - again! Sad

    @Pasha wrote:Once the Ketone strips arrive I can do the BG:ketone  ratio test as an indirect measurement for insulin.
    Ooh - would you explain that calculation please?

    I've toyed with the idea of Ketonix but, the perfectionist in me wants the accuracy of testing blood for ketones.

    @Pasha the medical technology available today is truly amazing. I've rebuilt engines but, wouldn't want the responsibility of working on someone's heart. Although I would think that such work would be amazingly rewarding!

    All the very best to you my friend.

    Pasha
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 68
    Join date : 2015-08-05
    Location : middle-east

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by Pasha on Sat Aug 29 2015, 13:42

    Glucose to Ketone ratio, see here.

    http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/12/1/12

    and here,

    https://optimisingnutrition.wordpress.com/category/ketosis/,


    Best start with the second link, hope you find it interesting and useful.
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by zand on Sun Aug 30 2015, 10:07

    6.2 this morning. I'm happy with that since I've been away for a few days and will get back to my normal diet now. Smile

    @Pasha thanks for those links, I'll have a look at them when I am awake enough. Smile
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3072
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by graham64 on Mon Aug 31 2015, 22:18

    5.8 this AM, this is better than usual may have been the Vodka silent


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Mon Aug 31 2015, 22:26

    Missed a day - oops! imsorry

    Yesterday
    Morning Blood Glucose 6.8
    Morning Ketones 0.1
    Before bed (prior to above) Blood Glucose 8.1
    Before Bed (prior to above) Ketones not tested Sad

    Today
    Morning Blood Glucose 6.5
    Morning Ketones 0.1
    Before bed (prior to above) Blood Glucose 5.6
    Before Bed (prior to above) Ketones not tested. Sad

    Still a bit too high (for me) so roll on the fat fast.
    avatar
    Mrs Vimes
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 156
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by Mrs Vimes on Tue Sep 01 2015, 05:39

    5.1 this morning. Gearing up for massive DP as back at work today after 6 weeks off.
    Have a good morning everyone.
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by zand on Tue Sep 01 2015, 07:27

    6.5 this morning. Now I'm going back to bed as I'm poorly. Crying or Very sad
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Tue Sep 01 2015, 12:21

    @zand wrote:6.5 this morning.  Now I'm going back to bed as I'm poorly.  Crying or Very sad

    Hope you recover fully, very soon.
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Tue Sep 01 2015, 12:27

    This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.8 mmol / L - Wait! What?
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.2 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.2 mmol / L

    Must have been the experiment with pre bed time food that took me so very high - along with testing later in the morning so hitting my peak dawn phenomenon time.
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by zand on Tue Sep 01 2015, 17:52

    @nomistheman wrote:
    @zand wrote:6.5 this morning.  Now I'm going back to bed as I'm poorly.  Crying or Very sad

    Hope you recover fully, very soon.

    Thank you I have given myself at least 2 more days off now (no I don't work, but I've cancelled commitments so I can get well more quickly. )
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3072
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by graham64 on Tue Sep 01 2015, 23:01

    6.7 Sad today I'ts in the usual range for me, now the good bit at + 2 hours it was 6.2 Very Happy


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Baruney
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 167
    Join date : 2015-08-28
    Age : 47
    Location : Saga Central

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by Baruney on Tue Sep 01 2015, 23:34

    @nomistheman wrote:This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.8 mmol / L - Wait! What?
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.2 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.2 mmol / L

    Must have been the experiment with pre bed time food that took me so very high - along with testing later in the morning so hitting my peak dawn phenomenon time.

    @nomistheman - that is so unlike you - what's going on bro? BTW love the new avatar - so much better than the one on the flog!

    Whoooooooooooooooooooooops - off topic, haven't even posted my fasting levels!

    By the way that lovely looking lady @mrsvimes was asking how do you know your banned from the flog - can you post that email I sent you as up in good old cockney town at the mo. First 1 day course under the belt - 2nd tomoorow and then a full 4 weeker on the 7th when I can go on hols. Yeh. 14th good?
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Wed Sep 02 2015, 00:00

    @Baruney wrote:
    @nomistheman wrote:This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.8 mmol / L - Wait! What?
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.2 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.2 mmol / L

    Must have been the experiment with pre bed time food that took me so very high - along with testing later in the morning so hitting my peak dawn phenomenon time.

    @nomistheman - that is so unlike you - what's going on bro?

    Stress mainly, plus a ridiculous experiment with carb laden food to try and get a reactive hypoglycaemic response against my dawn phenomenon - epic fail!

    @Baruney wrote:BTW love the new avatar - so much better than the one on the flog!

    Yes, this one is much prettier don't you think?! May just keep this caracature one! Laughing

    @Baruney wrote:Whoooooooooooooooooooooops - off topic, haven't even posted my fasting levels!

    Have you not learned anything? *Whistles*

    @Baruney wrote:By the way that lovely looking lady @mrsvimes was asking how do you know your banned from the flog - can you post that email I sent you as up in good old cockney town at the mo. First 1 day course under the belt - 2nd tomoorow and then a full 4 weeker on the 7th when I can go on hols. Yeh. 14th good?

    That's what you get for participating on that 'Voldermort' forum.

    Not sure what you mean by the email. You want me to send an email via snail mail?

    Glad to read your hard work is paying off - nice one bro! Totally sweet (ahem) I mean, low carb. Wink

    14th seems like a great start date for the Mid September Fat Fast - on account of it being the middle of September! Wink

    How's your feet holding you up - or would that be your legs?
    avatar
    Baruney
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 167
    Join date : 2015-08-28
    Age : 47
    Location : Saga Central

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by Baruney on Wed Sep 02 2015, 00:16

    @nomistheman wrote:
    @Baruney wrote:
    @nomistheman wrote:This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.8 mmol / L - Wait! What?
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.2 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.2 mmol / L

    Must have been the experiment with pre bed time food that took me so very high - along with testing later in the morning so hitting my peak dawn phenomenon time.

    @nomistheman - that is so unlike you - what's going on bro?

    Stress mainly, plus a ridiculous experiment with carb laden food to try and get a reactive hypoglycaemic response against my dawn phenomenon - epic fail!

    @Baruney wrote:BTW love the new avatar - so much better than the one on the flog!

    Yes, this one is much prettier don't you think?! May just keep this caracature one! Laughing

    @Baruney wrote:Whoooooooooooooooooooooops - off topic, haven't even posted my fasting levels!

    Have you not learned anything? *Whistles*

    @Baruney wrote:By the way that lovely looking lady @mrsvimes was asking how do you know your banned from the flog - can you post that email I sent you as up in good old cockney town at the mo. First 1 day course under the belt - 2nd tomoorow and then a full 4 weeker on the 7th when I can go on hols. Yeh. 14th good?

    That's what you get for participating on that 'Voldermort' forum.

    Not sure what you mean by the email. You want me to send an email via snail mail?

    Glad to read your hard work is paying off - nice one bro! Totally sweet (ahem) I mean, low carb. Wink

    14th seems like a great start date for the Mid September Fat Fast - on account of it being the middle of September! Wink

    How's your feet holding you up - or would that be your legs?

    Nope it's just feet - ran during the day and walk at night but soaked all the way through. morning due to heat evening due to torrential rain. I have a pic of my feet which I can give you privatly but it's not really web friendly and we all know you Rochdalers like a bit of much - mind you I blame hitler for liking your town hall - or and the rest.

    Anyhow I digress - nope - I sent you an email of a pic of your profile with the red lines running through it when you were banned - aka - mrs vimes - how do you know you've been banned thread, Don't worry if you cant find it to post. Escaping Cockney town 12.30 Thursday sharp!
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Fri Sep 04 2015, 09:45

    Wednesday morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.6 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.2 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.2 mmol / L


    Thursday morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.5 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 7.7 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.1 mmol / L


    This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.3 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.1 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    A slow downward trend. I think a 24 hour fast is in order - perhaps? Hmmm ...
    avatar
    Baruney
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 167
    Join date : 2015-08-28
    Age : 47
    Location : Saga Central

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by Baruney on Fri Sep 04 2015, 10:33

    Nom - prefer the old avatar. Anyhow very dated you need one of these to get with the programme..
    ban
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Fri Sep 04 2015, 11:07

    @Baruney wrote:Nom - prefer the old avatar. Anyhow very dated you need one of these to get with the programme..
    ban

    Me too! Wink

    I'm working on a better one - in my marginal ...
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Sat Sep 05 2015, 09:44

    This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.1 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.4 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Downward trend continues. 
    My goal is to be in ketosis by the end of this week.
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by zand on Sat Sep 05 2015, 10:17

    Sad 8.1 today grrrr. I think I was 8.3 at diagnosis!

    I've now concluded my little experiment to see if infections really do increase BG's, time to get well now I reckon. Smile
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Sat Sep 05 2015, 10:40

    @zand wrote:Sad   8.1 today grrrr.  I think I was 8.3 at diagnosis!  

    I've now concluded my little experiment to see if infections really do increase BG's, time to get well now I reckon.   Smile
    If it's any consolation I was something like 26 mmol / L on the finger prick test my Dr performed before my official blood test (see signature) diagnosis.

    Get well soon @zand.
    avatar
    chris c
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 3371
    Join date : 2015-07-26

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by chris c on Sat Sep 05 2015, 21:26

    @zand wrote:Sad   8.1 today grrrr.  I think I was 8.3 at diagnosis!  

    I've now concluded my little experiment to see if infections really do increase BG's, time to get well now I reckon.   Smile
    Oh yes, I could often tell when I was going to be ill because my BG went up for no reason.

    Curiously I seldom catch infections at all nowadays, and when I do they're mild. Having said which, I did have a fairly bad cold last winter, and a minor but annoying cough in early summer, but I was a lot less affected than a lot of "well" people. I blame my diet. No actually I blame *their* diets.
    avatar
    merrylizard1314
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 90
    Join date : 2015-08-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by merrylizard1314 on Sun Sep 06 2015, 11:26

    This morning at 6.15am 4.8 mmmol/L Ketones 1.1

    Very happy if under 5mmol/L
    Off on an athletic break for a few days. Hope to clear my system of all the red wine and cognac of the past week. I have been feeling seriously unworried for the past two weeks - that can't be right, surely?

    Baruney and Nom, I'm your man on the 14th!
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Sun Sep 06 2015, 12:38

    @merrylizard1314 wrote:Baruney and Nom, I'm your man on the 14th!

    I hope that's Woah Man from down under! Wink
    avatar
    nomistheman
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2015-08-22
    Age : 50
    Location : Rochdale

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by nomistheman on Sun Sep 06 2015, 12:41

    This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.2 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

    Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 5.5 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.2 mmol / L

    Lack of Ketosis is probably due to carbs being too high recently - at least I know that, even though my post prandial readings can tollerate the increase, my weight (increase) and morning Fasting Blood Glucose readings can not.
    avatar
    merrylizard1314
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 90
    Join date : 2015-08-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by merrylizard1314 on Sun Sep 06 2015, 12:57

    Yes, you guessed it, Nom.
    What are you doing with the increased carbs? Is it an experiment?

    Sponsored content

    Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 22 2017, 16:45