THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

New BG monitoring without lancets !

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

New BG monitoring without lancets ! Empty New BG monitoring without lancets !

Post by Admin Thu Aug 14 2014, 09:07

Released now. Test BG levels without the finger pricking. Wonder if it will be available on the NHS ? Anyone tried it ?

https://abbottnextfrontier.com/freestyle-libre
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

New BG monitoring without lancets ! Empty Re: New BG monitoring without lancets !

Post by Paul1976 Thu Aug 14 2014, 09:53

That would have been a godsend when I was newly diagnosed and testing lot's of food combinations! My fingers were like a pub's dart board back then I can tell you!
    Providing the fortnightly changeable sensors were affordable (Or available on script),making one of these units available to all diabetics would end the misery of not being able to access test strips,the fear of using a lancet device that some people experience and in the long run-save the NHS a lot of much needed money as it's the strips and not the meters that are the crux of the matter.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

New BG monitoring without lancets ! Empty Re: New BG monitoring without lancets !

Post by mo1905 Thu Aug 14 2014, 10:01

Unfortunately, I doubt whether most will ever see it. I fear cost will prevent it ! Shame.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 15:19