THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink Empty Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink

Post by graham64 Wed Aug 19 2015, 22:19

It's now been over two weeks since we were informed of the discovery of traces of cryptosporidium in the water supply and customers of United Utilities in a large area of Lancs were informed of the need to boil tap water for drinking, cleaning teeth and washing crockery.

Two bleeding weeks and still no resolution in sight United Utilities update  Mad  still they have said we will be compensated  Laughing just hope they don't try and claw that back by hiking up the prices woot
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink Empty Re: Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink

Post by zand Thu Aug 20 2015, 07:17

I hadn't realised this was still on going. What a pain in the arse! I hope they get it sorted soon.
    chris c
    chris c

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink Empty Re: Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink

Post by chris c Thu Aug 20 2015, 18:10

I saw on the TV news a while back that the Police were to investigate. After that it all went very quiet.

The good news is that they said no-one had actually been infected, is that still true?
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Aug 20 2015, 22:58

chris c wrote:I saw on the TV news a while back that the Police were to investigate. After that it all went very quiet.

The good news is that they said no-one had actually been infected, is that still true?

“It is a criminal investigation,” said a DWI spokesman. “But it is not a police investigation. source

From what I can gather there have been no reports of anyone being infected Chris, it's early days yet and  for those that could have been infected it has a seven to twelve day incubation period
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 22 2015, 17:10

This does seem an unusually long time to be without a proper water supply.

Of course it does have an up side for bottled water manufacturers I guess?
    Or are you being supplied with a free supply !!!

Of course it is only right that care is taken with peoples health particularly the very young and old whose immune systems are sometimes that little bit weaker.

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Aug 30 2015, 21:51

I'm happy to report that my tap water according to a United Utilities email is now safe to drink Very Happy only the matter of compensation for the eighteen days of restrictions needs to be sorted.

£££££££££££££££££££££££ jawdrop
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Aug 30 2015, 22:00

Great news Graham!! Very Happy Good to be back to normal and any compo will do nicely I reckon with Christmas not being too far off! thumb-up beer
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Aug 30 2015, 22:20

Paul1976 wrote:Great news Graham!! Very Happy Good to be back to normal and any compo will do nicely I reckon with Christmas not being too far off! thumb-up beer

I do hope so Paul having just spent £1100 Crying or Very sad having had my garage roof re-covered I need every penny, any donations to help an impoverished OAP cover the costs would be welcome Very Happy

Love the pint drinking emoticon Paul methinks I'll raise a glass to that  beer
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Aug 31 2015, 08:13

Good news Graham! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 30 2016, 20:52

You can't beat going to the tap and filling a glass full of refreshing water can you ...

However, a word of warning:

3,600 South Yorkshire homes warned not to use water after bacteria fears

Thousands of people in a South Yorkshire town have been warned not to use tap water for drinking or cooking after high levels of bacteria were detected.

Former Labour leader Ed Miliband said he is "very concerned" over the situation affecting 3,600 properties in parts of Thorne, near Doncaster, and the neighbouring village of Moorends, which is in his constituency.

Yorkshire Water said on its website: "Customers in 3,600 properties in the village of Thorne, near Doncaster, have been told not to use their tap water for drinking or cooking.
    "High levels of bacteria have been detected in the local water supply, prompting us to issue the precautionary Do Not Drink advice which customers must follow until further notice."

The firm said it was distributing bottled water for residents to use at two locations in Thorne and Moorends. It said: "Alternative supplies are being proactively delivered to customers on our register of vulnerable customers."
    The company said that "following consultation with local health experts" customers should not drink their tap water, cook or prepare food with it, clean their teeth with it or let their pets drink it.

Story from here
    http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/07/30/3600-south-yorkshire-homes-warned-not-to-use-water-after-bacteria-fears/

I hope they can sort the problem out quickly ... when it happened to Graham a while back it took some time  affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 13:06