The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    Home made lowcarb Guacamole

    Share
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4142
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Home made lowcarb Guacamole

    Post by Jan1 on Fri Aug 29 2014, 13:37


    So low in carbs, it's not worth worrying about. These ingredients serves two, and tastes great. Avocados are one of the healthiest foods on the planet. You could serve it with red pepper or celery sticks.

    Ingredients

    2 medium sized avocados scrape out the flesh and chop.
    I medium sized tomato finely chopped remove seeds
    I heaped tablespoon of finely chopped green Jalapeno peppers
    I tablespoon of finely chopped white onion
    One teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
    The juice from a medium sized lime
    Salt and black pepper to taste

    Method

    Mix all the ingredients in a pyrex jug or bowl and serve, how easy is that.  sunny

    All the best Jan
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2433
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 41
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: Home made lowcarb Guacamole

    Post by Paul1976 on Fri Aug 29 2014, 13:53

    Dead good and easy and much better than any processed shop bought Guacamole! Smile Make it as spicy or as mild as you like but make sure if you're male you don't make my mistake of going to the toilet after handling the chopped Jalepenos without THOROUGHLY washing your hands first!! affraid Embarassed



    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3750
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: Home made lowcarb Guacamole

    Post by Eddie on Fri Aug 29 2014, 15:22

    Paul

    Could you spare us the sordid details, especially on a food thread. A mental picture of your whelk under the cold tap is very likely to put me off my 97% low carb pork sausages tonight, thank you. Shocked

    Not amused Eddie


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2433
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 41
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: Home made lowcarb Guacamole

    Post by Paul1976 on Fri Aug 29 2014, 15:32

    eddie1 wrote:Paul

    Could you spare us the sordid details, especially on a food thread. A mental picture of your whelk under the cold tap is very likely to put me off my 97% low carb pork sausages tonight, thank you. Shocked

    Not amused Eddie

    Hahaha! Sorry man! Sure don't want to put you off your swags mate- I promise to behave myself more in the future and practice good 'Forum Etiquette' from now on! Embarassed Twisted Evil


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: Home made lowcarb Guacamole

    Post by zand on Fri Aug 29 2014, 15:41

    paul1976 wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:Paul

    Could you spare us the sordid details, especially on a food thread. A mental picture of your whelk under the cold tap is very likely to put me off my 97% low carb pork sausages tonight, thank you. Shocked

    Not amused Eddie

    Hahaha! Sorry man! Sure don't want to put you off your swags mate- I promise to behave myself more in the future and practice good 'Forum Etiquette' from now on! Embarassed Twisted Evil

    Aaawwwww! I'm not sure I like good 'Forum Etiquette', it's not something I'm used to. Smile
    avatar
    Bode
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2014-08-27
    Location : Northampton

    Re: Home made lowcarb Guacamole

    Post by Bode on Fri Aug 29 2014, 17:02

    I absolutely love guacamole and this is a great recipe for it. I like to use guac as my salad dressing whenever I run out of ranch Smile

    If I have it on hand, I add in a bit of chopped cilantro/coriander.
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4142
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: Home made lowcarb Guacamole

    Post by Jan1 on Fri Aug 29 2014, 18:08

    Bode wrote:I absolutely love guacamole and this is a great recipe for it.  I like to use guac as my salad dressing whenever I run out of ranch Smile

    If I have it on hand, I add in a bit of chopped cilantro/coriander.

    Sounds a great idea Smile

    All the best Jan
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4142
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: Home made lowcarb Guacamole

    Post by Jan1 on Sat Aug 01 2015, 11:10

    Jan1 wrote:

    So low in carbs, it's not worth worrying about. These ingredients serves two, and tastes great. Avocados are one of the healthiest foods on the planet. You could serve it with red pepper or celery sticks.

    Ingredients

    2 medium sized avocados scrape out the flesh and chop.
    I medium sized tomato finely chopped remove seeds
    I heaped tablespoon of finely chopped green Jalapeno peppers
    I tablespoon of finely chopped white onion
    One teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
    The juice from a medium sized lime
    Salt and black pepper to taste

    Method

    Mix all the ingredients in a pyrex jug or bowl and serve, how easy is that.  sunny

    All the best Jan

    Talking about avocados here http://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t1495-twenty-interesting-reasons-to-love-avocados#15787  made me remember this super recipe idea!  sunny

    All the best Jan

      Current date/time is Wed Sep 20 2017, 21:04