The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    Hello everyone!

    Share
    avatar
    pauloferrari
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 7
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 48
    Location : Where music fell like rain to the streets....

    Hello everyone!

    Post by pauloferrari on Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:54

    Hi everyone, I'm new on here! My name's Paul from the U.K & I'm type 2 Diabetic although I've done the "Low Carb" thing on & off for many years with great results.

    Just wanted to say Hi!

    run
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4406
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by Jan1 on Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:57

    Hi - and welcome.  sunny

    Look forward to seeing you around the Forum

    All the best Jan
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3780
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 68
    Location : London

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by Eddie on Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:58

    Welcome aboard Paul, hope we can be of assistance, that we can learn from each other and you will have some fun.

    Eddie


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2434
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 41
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by Paul1976 on Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:58

    Hiya Paul! welcome

    Welcome to the forum and great to meet you! Low carb sure does give great results as you say and It's great to have you on board! Smile

    Cheers

    Paul


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    pauloferrari
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 7
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 48
    Location : Where music fell like rain to the streets....

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by pauloferrari on Thu Apr 23 2015, 16:12

    @Paul1976 wrote:Hiya Paul! welcome

    Welcome to the forum and great to meet you! Low carb sure does give great results as you say and It's great to have you on board! Smile

    Cheers

    Paul

    Well I've just finished my 2 week "Induction" phase of my low carb plan where I stuck to less than 20gm of carbs per day & I've just started on the Wii-Fit board again!! thumb-up
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2434
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 41
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by Paul1976 on Thu Apr 23 2015, 16:19

    @pauloferrari wrote:
    @Paul1976 wrote:Hiya Paul! welcome

    Welcome to the forum and great to meet you! Low carb sure does give great results as you say and It's great to have you on board! Smile

    Cheers

    Paul

    Well I've just finished my 2 week "Induction" phase of my low carb plan where I stuck to less than 20gm of carbs per day & I've just started on the Wii-Fit board again!! thumb-up

    Great to hear! Very Happy How are you feeling after the induction phase? I feel great these days on it but the first week in the early days was pretty tough with the dreaded 'Low carb flu' whilst my body protested at first at the lack of carbs-after that had passed I felt better and more energised than I had in years! Smile


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    pauloferrari
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 7
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 48
    Location : Where music fell like rain to the streets....

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by pauloferrari on Thu Apr 23 2015, 16:26

    @Paul1976 wrote:
    @pauloferrari wrote:
    @Paul1976 wrote:Hiya Paul! welcome

    Welcome to the forum and great to meet you! Low carb sure does give great results as you say and It's great to have you on board! Smile

    Cheers

    Paul

    Well I've just finished my 2 week "Induction" phase of my low carb plan where I stuck to less than 20gm of carbs per day & I've just started on the Wii-Fit board again!! thumb-up

    Great to hear! Very Happy How are you feeling after the induction phase? I feel great these days on it but the first week in the early days was pretty tough with the dreaded 'Low carb flu' whilst my body protested at first at the lack of carbs-after that had passed I felt better and more energised than I had in years! Smile

    I feel great to be fair but I have done everytime I've done it! I feel really quite full after a relatively small meal so I must be doing something right. mrgreen
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2434
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 41
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by Paul1976 on Thu Apr 23 2015, 16:29

    Nice one! thumb-up


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by zand on Thu Apr 23 2015, 16:53

    Hi Paul!

    Love the avatar. Love LUFC too Smile

    So why did I choose my own avatar? Well it's the team I get to see the most as it's the one my family support, so it's the one I know most about nowadays.

    Welcome from me Smile
    avatar
    pauloferrari
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 7
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 48
    Location : Where music fell like rain to the streets....

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by pauloferrari on Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:23

    Thank you Zand! I've been waiting a long time to see Leeds play the Gunners again!! Give us a season or two! lol Very Happy
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by zand on Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:45

    @pauloferrari wrote:Thank you Zand! I've been waiting a long time to see Leeds play the Gunners again!! Give us a season or two! lol Very Happy

    lol It really messed with my mind when I saw Leeds play at the Emirates in the FA Cup in 2011. I hated Walcott for about 6 months afterwards. I went to the match (with an Arsenal ticket) and thought that maybe I was really a gooner now as I had been to lots of their matches with my husband and kids. Nope! You never forget your first love do you? I was there at the end of the match singing "Marching on together" with the rest of the Leeds fans who were in Arsenal seats too. Smile
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4406
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by Jan1 on Thu Apr 23 2015, 19:52

    Hi to anyone who knows - I'm probably showing my complete lack of Wii knowledge here Embarassed

    The Wii Fit Board - is that the one that comes with a balance board (or whatever they are called). I've heard friends of mine do the dance Wi programme and they like that. Do they do different level beginners, intermediate etc ... I'm just wondering!

    Thanks for any info  Smile

    All the best Jan
    avatar
    pauloferrari
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 7
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 48
    Location : Where music fell like rain to the streets....

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by pauloferrari on Fri Apr 24 2015, 11:38

    @Jan1 wrote:Hi to anyone who knows - I'm probably showing my complete lack of Wii knowledge here Embarassed

    The Wii Fit Board - is that the one that comes with a balance board (or whatever they are called). I've heard friends of mine do the dance Wi programme and they like that. Do they do different level beginners, intermediate etc ... I'm just wondering!

    Thanks for any info  Smile

    All the best Jan

    Hi Jan, yes, the Wii Fit board is the balance board. We have had one for years & they are fantastic for all - beginners through to out & out athletes. My wife & two little girls use it too!! On the Wii Fit software - It's good that it measures not only your weight but also your BMI & other things too. You can also set goals for either weight loss or BMI reduction.
    It's not just about doing exercises jumping on & off the board, it's fun too with all sorts of different games & activities such as Golf, Boxing, Running, Cycling and even Ski Jumping plus the usual aerobic workouts etc.

    Even you need any other info then please just ask!

    Regards,
    Paul run
    avatar
    pauloferrari
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 7
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 48
    Location : Where music fell like rain to the streets....

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by pauloferrari on Fri Apr 24 2015, 11:50

    @zand wrote:
    @pauloferrari wrote:Thank you Zand! I've been waiting a long time to see Leeds play the Gunners again!! Give us a season or two! lol Very Happy

    lol It really messed with my mind when I saw Leeds play at the Emirates in the FA Cup in 2011.  I hated Walcott for about 6 months afterwards.  I went to the match (with an Arsenal ticket) and thought that maybe I was really a gooner now as I had been to lots of their matches with my husband and kids.  Nope!  You never forget your first love do you?  I was there at the end of the match singing "Marching on together" with the rest of the Leeds fans who were in Arsenal seats too.  Smile

    Lol. that sounds like the Leeds fans!!! Follow me on Twitter if you like, I've got two: @pashaw69 or my Leeds Utd one is @lufc_1969

    I have a pic of Lucas Radebe & myself in Leeds City centre on my @pashaw69 account - was lucky enough to bump into him outside Waterstones when he had just done a book signing. Lucas's brother took the picture!

    Regards,
    Paul mrgreen
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by zand on Fri Apr 24 2015, 12:04

    Wow I can't beat that!  The best I can do is...I once had a photo taken with Paul Reaney when he was coaching my kids at Butlins many years ago.  

    My son has a photo of himself at the Emirates stadium with Cesc Fabregas.  I have had to hide it away since the summer because he now wants to burn it. lol


    Last edited by zand on Fri Apr 24 2015, 12:28; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    pauloferrari
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 7
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 48
    Location : Where music fell like rain to the streets....

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by pauloferrari on Fri Apr 24 2015, 12:23

    That's cool!! lol!
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2303
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by mo1905 on Fri Apr 24 2015, 16:52

    @pauloferrari wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new on here! My name's Paul from the U.K & I'm type 2 Diabetic although I've done the "Low Carb" thing on & off for many years with great results.

    Just wanted to say Hi!

    run

    Big welcome to the forum Paul ! Sorry I'm late :-)


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3165
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by graham64 on Fri Apr 24 2015, 22:29

    A belated welcome to the forum from me too Paul Very Happy


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes

    Sponsored content

    Re: Hello everyone!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jan 24 2018, 05:39