THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Chicken with bacon andmushroom sauce

janlyn

Female Posts : 17

Chicken with bacon andmushroom sauce Empty Chicken with bacon andmushroom sauce

Post by janlyn Mon Aug 25 2014, 19:21

Had a lovely dinner tonight. I chopped up some bacon and fried it in butter with crushed garlic. Added some sliced mushrooms, cooked it all until soft. Poured in some double cream ( I just used what I had left in the pot - probably 2 or 3 tblspns) Then crumbled about half a chicken stock cube and some black pepper. Let it reduce. Tasted it because it can get a bit salty, if so add some more cream. I didn't have any cream left so added a little full cream milk. When it has all thickened add some cooked chicken. Serve with veg of choice. Yum it was lovely! Good way to use up chicken left from the roast yesterday.

Even my non low carb husband who is a strict meat and two veg with chips if possible enjoyed it.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Chicken with bacon andmushroom sauce Empty Re: Chicken with bacon andmushroom sauce

Post by Eddie Mon Aug 25 2014, 19:25

Hi Janlyn

Grub of the Gods if ever I heard about it.

Respect

Regards Eddie
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Chicken with bacon andmushroom sauce Empty Re: Chicken with bacon andmushroom sauce

Post by Jan1 Mon Aug 25 2014, 20:14

Sounds a lovely recipe .... and so useful after bank holiday or Sunday Roasts .....in fact any time.

Maybe I'd have a glass of white wine - Chardonnay or Pinot to accompany it ?

Or perhaps just a glass of chilled water sunny

All the best Jan
    janlyn

Female Posts : 17

Post by janlyn Mon Aug 25 2014, 20:20

I had a glass (or two) of muscadet we had brought back from France last week. Wish I had brought back more now. French wine is definitely the best.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Aug 25 2014, 22:58

Wine and the choice available is vast and I guess we all have our favourites. It's always nice to try something new. Nice to go to France and bring some back with you ...you'll have to plan another visit soon - or perhaps just use the supermarkets / wine shops.  Smile

Cheers

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 05 2014, 22:48

I'm sort of linking this lovely recipe shown above..... with the post that went on today "Food we all have a choice whole fresh food or junk." (Do read it if you haven't already done so).

Janlyn's recipe idea sounds great - but of course it's good fresh food and if you're like me, I've always got mushrooms in the house..... they can add to any recipe.

Janlyn's Recipe  +++100%
    Whole fresh food +++100%
    Processed Foods -----100% and still counting the minus signs !

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 10:00