THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+3
Eddie
Sally
mo1905
7 posters

Great News or Too Little Too Late ?

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Great News or Too Little Too Late ? Empty Great News or Too Little Too Late ?

Post by mo1905 Thu Mar 12 2015, 10:48

In the news today. Gov't to launch diabetes prevention plan. What do you think ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-nhs-diabetes-initiative-launched-in-major-bid-to-prevent-illness
    Sally
    Sally

Great News or Too Little Too Late ? Empty Re: Great News or Too Little Too Late ?

Post by Sally Thu Mar 12 2015, 11:40

Sounds like they are going to encourage everybody to eat less and exercise more. I wonder where I have heard that before.
    Sally
    mo1905
    mo1905

Great News or Too Little Too Late ? Empty Re: Great News or Too Little Too Late ?

Post by mo1905 Thu Mar 12 2015, 12:37

I just hope they take a good look at their dietary advice, that would make a huge difference.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:39

Diabetes UK The dealers in the diet of slow death for diabetics ! Here is my reply to DUK today on twitter. I am not expecting a reply.

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 12 2015, 14:23

eddie1 wrote:Diabetes UK The dealers in the diet of slow death for diabetics ! Here is my reply to DUK today on twitter. I am not expecting a reply.

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/

You'll certainly hit a raw nerve simply because they know you're right but yeah,they won't reply and will no doubt do a carbsane and Hope Warshaw and block you! No
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 12 2015, 14:29

mo1905 wrote:In the news today. Gov't to launch diabetes prevention plan. What do you think ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-nhs-diabetes-initiative-launched-in-major-bid-to-prevent-illness

I find it so bitterly ironic how they bleat on about all the revenue spent on treating "preventable" complications of diabetes whilst it's their damn diet that contributes to the majority of them! Evil or Very Mad

If they were a sales team in any major company they'd have been fired long ago.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Mar 12 2015, 22:35

Zumba and cookery lessons to be funded by the NHS according to the daiy mail Shocked

"Zumba and aerobics classes on NHS to prevent diabetes: Obese patients most at risk of the illness will also be taught how to poach and boil food"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Mar 13 2015, 00:14

Zumba and aerobics are just treating the symptoms, not the cause. The Gov't needs to begin with better dietary advice and to be more pro-active in our food industry. I heard something on the news which was very true recently. If you go to a supermarket, there are many half price offers or BOGOF deals but very rarely on items such as cabbage. It usually carb laden processed food items.
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Fri Mar 13 2015, 02:14

mo1905 wrote: I heard something on the news which was very true recently. If you go to a supermarket, there are many half price offers or BOGOF deals but very rarely on items such as cabbage. It usually carb laden processed food items.

They never offer discounts on real food, but I never fail to act surprised when I get no discount and loudly proclaim, "What! No discount on real food?" Everyone gets startled and then confused. I laugh out loud.

I can get away with this because I'm a senior and my hair is silver, almost white.

I am not trying to downplay those guidelines established for Diabetics but they are the same for those of us who are prone to heart attacks and strokes, like I am. Those recommendations, listed above, make me laugh, because they are so fricken stupid, and cry at the same time because they are so thoughtless and destructive.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Mar 13 2015, 13:20

horfilmania wrote:
    mo1905 wrote: I heard something on the news which was very true recently. If you go to a supermarket, there are many half price offers or BOGOF deals but very rarely on items such as cabbage. It usually carb laden processed food items.

They never offer discounts on real food, but I never fail to act surprised when I get no discount and loudly proclaim, "What! No discount on real food?" Everyone gets startled and then confused. I laugh out loud.

I can get away with this because I'm a senior and my hair is silver, almost white.

I am not trying to downplay those guidelines established for Diabetics but they are the same for those of us who are prone to heart attacks and strokes, like I am. Those recommendations, listed above, make me laugh, because they are so fricken stupid, and cry at the same time because they are so thoughtless and destructive.

I have to admit I like the BOGOF deals ..... not for things like cereals, cakes etc but handy for washing powders, toilet rolls etc.

The best deals I've found for real foods are the supermarkets that can offer three items for £10-00 (not sure how this equates to dollars etc) but I can buy beef, pork and salmon ..... or pork, chicken, beef etc depending on this weeks selection.  With vegetables I tend to buy the cheaper miss-shaped peppers, mushrooms etc where you get quite a large bag so much cheaper than some for sale. 'Canny' shopping as my Gran would have said; Canny meaning - having or showing shrewdness and good judgement, especially in money......not Cans of vegetables, although I've nothing against those, but fresh always taste better.

All the best Jan

flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 11:20